Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

Today is the last day of casting and Max wants to throw a party to celebrate. At the moment we are on break and the day couldn't be more frustrating. So I decided to go for a walk and try to clear my head. The park is the best place to go. I like all the chatter and noises. Cars honking, birds chirping, and people laughing fills the air. Most people would go somewhere quiet to get away from it all but I enjoy it. It keeps me away from my thoughts and those...Those are my worst enemy.

I spotted the cutest couple in the park having a picnic. The man takes a strawberry and feeds it to what I can only assume is his wife. I pull my camera to eye view and quickly take a few pictures. The old couple looks like an 'Up' live action film. That movie has always been one of my favorites. To love someone so much that you want to spend your whole life making them happy has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. It's just a struggle finding that person, I don't give myself enough free time to even try. My dream to be a filmmaker sorta took over and became my main focus. I look up from the screen of my camera and see a crew of street dancers. People pass by and place money in a hat that they are using as a bucket. I snap a few more pictures And continue my walk. 

Now that the day is over I have to finish the cast list. We had most of the characters already matched with actors and actresses, but we needed some of the less important roles to be filled. I walk in my house and roll my eyes at the sight of Max placing food bowls on the table. There were so many good and talented people today, I don't know if I'll be able to pick. Suddenly, I see my best friend, Shantel VanSanten, walk through the doors of the balcony. She is talking to someone on the phone as she spots me. "Y/n!" She says hanging up. "Shan!" (pronounced shawn). I yell back with the same energy. I'm guessing she's here because of my new movie. She embraces me with a hug and I can help but do the same. Before she could get a word out I did what I always do and jumped to conclusions. "I wish you would have come earlier. I have already given all the important roles away." I say. She furrows her brows. 

"I'm not here for a role. I wanted to celebrate with my best friend. But wow, thanks for thinking that low of me." She says. I instantly feel regret and she can see it on my face. Shan rolls her eyes and pushes me playfully. "We're all good. You can make it up to me by not spending the evening in your office with  your nose buried  in paperwork." She says. I'm not the best at using my words, I'm a thinker not a talker and Shan understands that. Maybe that is why we are such good friends. The people I surround myself with are very slim. Max, Shan and Aubrey might be my only friends. But I think it's better to have a few friends who are real than to have many who are fake. "I have to finish a few things and I'll be back." I say as I turn to the stairs. As I get to the top I hear a voice yelling at me. "Don't take too long!" Shan yells to me. 

I take in consideration the people who auditioned as Max comes in. By how long I'm taking, she probably knows that things aren't going well. "The parties are set and people are arriving." She tells me as she hangs a dress on the coat rake. I nod, not meeting her gaze. She walks behind me and looks over my shoulder at the applicants I've narrowed it down too. She reaches over me picking up one of the head shots. "I liked this one." Max says, ending my debate. "Thank you." I sigh in relief. She patted my shoulder. Get ready for the party. Aubrey's on her way." Max informs me as she leaves, closing the door.

(I loved Shantel VanSanten in The Flash as Patty. I had to add her in and if it was up to me she would have her own fandom. )
(I'm having a lot of fun with writing and am exited for the next chapter.)
(Thank you for reading!)
(Vote if you're feeling it.)
(You are amazing!)