Chapter 8

Lizzie's POV

    Not sure why but I feel like I need to look my best. I spent a solid hours debating whether to wear the blue dress of the black pants suit. After much consideration, I decided on the dress.

I step out of my cab and I see her waiting for me by the front doors

I step out of my cab and I see her waiting for me by the front doors. She looks focused as she reads something on the screen of her phone.

As I approach I can see just how well that black dress fits her curves

As I approach I can see just how well that black dress fits her curves. My stomach begins to turn and I feel like I'm not wearing enough makeup. Maybe I can quickly retreat and pretend to be sick. No, I can't because she'll know I'm not sick when I go into work tomorrow. I step in front of her and wait for her to notice me. She flickers up from her phone, before doing a second take of my outfit. She turns her phone off and tilts her head admiring my dress. "Wow, Lizzie you are breathtaking." she compliments, causing me to blush. "You don't look too bad yourself." I say, screaming internally about how she is looking like a fucking Goddess. The gaze moves to behind me as I hear those heels once again clacking to the concrete. "Sorry I'm late." Max says. She's dressed up as well. 

"Our table’s waiting, we can just go in." Y/n says turning to the door. "Wait! We are waiting for one more." Max says. Y/n turns back around confused. "Who?" Y/n asks. Suddenly a man wraps his arm around her shoulder pulling her into a side hug. "How's my favorite girl director doing!" The unfamiliar man says. "She'd be alot better if she had some personal space." Y/n says pushing him off of her.

He holds his hand out to me. "You must be the director's date of the evening. You must work for Domino’s, cuz you're a fine pizza ass." He says laughing at his own joke. I look at her and she seems very displeased, but when isn't she? "Oh no, I'm just a...friend from work." I glanced back to her for approval. "Well that's good to know, I'm Damien Chazelle. You should know me from my most recent movie La La Land." He says, shaking my hand. "Elizabeth Olsen. But I go by Lizzie." I will introduce myself. "Can we go in now?" Y/n says. "Yeah, thanks for waiting up." Damien says, wrapping his arm back around her, pulling her into the building. "It seems like a love-hate relationship." I say to Max as we follow far behind. "Well, Y/n doesn't like anyone I date." Max says. I'm by far shocked.

We get to the table and Damien is the first to sit. Y/n reaches for my chair and pulls it out for me. She then walks to the other side doing the same for Max before taking her own seat. "So what draws you back to the big apple?" Damien asks. "Work." Y/n answers plainly. I feel a shoe brush against mine. "You were always a workaholic. I actually heard your set was shut down, due to safety hazards.” He says. "Who told you that? I only found out half an hour ago." Y/n asks. They both glance at Max who is trying to hide her face behind the menu. The shoe once again brushes against mine. I shake it off picking up my menu.

"So Lizzie? You have a boyfriend? A fine piece like you can't possibly be single." Damien says. I try to not act disturbed by the sexual comment. "Actually, I am single. My career is my main focus right now." I answer. "Well, Y/n can understand that, she turned me down like three times before I finally took a hint." Damien jokes, laughing at another one of his jokes. I can see Y/n hold herself back. Luckily the waiter arrives before any more damage is done.

The dinner is silent and not the good kind. I feel the shoe again and I turn to Y/n to see her cutting her steak. She looks up meeting my gaze and furrows her brows, confused. "What?" She asks. Suddenly I feel a hand grab my thigh. I jump to my feet, looking at the innocent expression plastered on Damien's face. "What are you doing?" I say not realizing my voice is slightly raised. I can feel the eyes of everyone in the restaurant on me. "I don't know what you are talking about?" Damien lies. "Lizzie, maybe you should calm down." Max says, looking around at the other guest's staring. "Just sit down, okay. I didn't mean to offend you." Damien says. "I'm not going to calm down or side back down next to this pervert." I say once again, raising my voice.

The room’s completely silent, when suddenly the only noise is the sound of Y/n's chair sliding against the hardwood floor. She opened her hand purse, pulling out a few twenties and dropping them on the table. She then takes my hand leading me out the restaurant.