Chapter 27

(What was your favorite show as a child?)

Y/n's POV

The flight was over 7 hours and Shan was tired to walk so she forced me to carry her to the cab. Then I had to go back for our luggage. The city of London at night is gorgeous, I wish I could share this experience with Lizzie. That reminds me, I'm supposed to call her. It rings but she doesn't answer. The time difference is 6 hours and it's 4 am here so it’s possible she's just asleep. I text her goodnight and put my phone away. 

David took it upon himself to book us a room at a motel. Really glad he didn't choose a hotel because that would have been really hard for me to carry Shan. I lay my sleeping friend gently on the bed before pulling off her shoes and jeans. I lift the blankets up above her waist trying not to laugh at her Hello Kitty underwear.

Lizzie hasn't responded to my text so I try to call her again. Still nothing. I shrug it off before changing and going to bed myself.

Later in the day, around 7 am I walked into the set, I almost fell asleep in the car. Shan's still asleep back at the motel. Here on set everything is 100% ready for filming. Actors know their lines, stage crew is working, camera's in place. Just perfect. "Y/n!" I hear an unfamiliar voice call my name. I turn around and see a beautiful woman approaching. "Um yes?" I am unsure if I should know her. She holds her hand out to me. "Hayley Atwell, lead." She introduces herself. "Oh. Hi." I say. Her eyes were one of the most beautiful shades of brown I've ever seen.

"I'm just wanted to warn you about Harper. She can be  a bit of a bitch and very controlling." Hayley says. I nod admiring her accent. I shake it off confused. "Wait, who's Harper?" I ask as we separate hands. "The screenwriter aka David Heymens daughter." She says. "Fuck." I say under my breath, earning a laugh from the beautiful british woman. "Well it seems you have your hands full." She says, excusing herself as another woman approaches. "You must be Y/n Y/l/n." the woman says. "The one and only." I add playfully. she doesn't seem to amused. "I'm Harper Heyman." She says holding out her hand. I shake it respectfully. "It's nice to meet you."

The whole day Harper corrected my every move. She even commented on the way I walked. It's only noon here so Lizzie would still be in bed, since it's only six therA. I could really use a pick me up right now and I know hearing her voice would help. God, I'm missing her more than I thought I would. Just knowing she's all alone in a bed without me to warm her and make her feel safe, saddens me.

I hand pressing on my shoulder pulls me out of my vibe ruining thoughts. I turn around and see Shan. "Are you okay?" she asks, concerned. I nod. "I'm fine, I just..."

"Miss Lizzie." She finished my sentence. "Yeah." I sigh. "Well then call her." Shan shrugs. Before I could explain the time difference Harper found me. "We're ready to film again." She says. When she turns around I roll my eyes and point a finger gun to my head. Shan laughs at my gesture.

Hayley and Liam Hemsworth are acting on the set as I stand behind the camera. Suddenly I hear. "Cut!" I look around and see Harper walking up to the two of them. "You have to memorize her lines!" Harper scolds them. I slide out from behind the camera and over to them. "Um, what are you doing?" I ask. She looks at me like I just did something very wrong. "Apparently your job. She got the lines wrong so I'm correcting her." Harper says.

"Last time I checked you were the screenwriter. Stay in your lane or get the fuck off my set." I snap, having enough of Harper Heyman for one day. Or a whole lifetime. The face she gives tells me, people don't normally talk back to her. I honestly don't give a fuck who her father is. If you act like a bitch I'm going to treat you as such. Harper storms off.

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. Lizzie still hasn't answered any of my calls or messages and I'm starting to think she's mad I didn’t say those three words. I lay in bed staring at my phone screen. I text I miss you and still nothing. Shan walks out of the bathroom in a shirt and boy shorts. "Did she text you back yet?" She asks. I shake my head as she sits on the bed criss-cross applesauce. "She could be busy. I wouldn't sweat it." she comforts me. I sit up, mimicking her posture. 

My eyes flicker to her lips then back to her eyes. She shakes her head disappointed. "Don't ruin a good thing, Y/n." She says. I nod appreciate her advice. "She said the three words, right before I left." I confess. There's a short moment of silence between the two of us. "Did you say it back?" She asks. I shake my head slowly. "Do you love her?" She asks another question. I shrug, unsure of my feelings.

"Well if it means anything, I think you do. Beside your job, I've never seen you so fixated on one thing for this long." Shan says, joking. Before I could answer, my phone rang. I look down and in my hands that rest in my lap, I see Lizzie calling. I jump up and rush out the door for some privacy, before answering. 

"Hey baby." I say with excitement in my voice. "Hey, sorry I didn't answer your calls. I left my phone in the trailer." Lizzie says. Her voice makes me feel closer to her than I actually am. "That's fine." I say. "How's your first day?" She asks. "Better now." I say, not wanting to get into it. "Awwe, are they picking on you." She jokes. "No, but the screen writer is the daughter of my boss." I explain.

"Well fuck." Lizzie says. We talk for hours. about her day and my day and how much we miss each other. She sounds slightly off but I didn't want to ask about it and ruin our call.