Chapter 36

(watermelon with or without salt)

Y/n's POV

The Elks club is  casually packed. The Russo brothers were supposed to be meeting me here but they were running late, themselves. When I step out of my car I see a blur of blonde as I get tackled into a hug. "Bubba, please forgive me. I don't know what I was thinking. I know you don't still have feelings for that orange headed bitch." Ashley says. I pull back away from her confused. "Wait, how did you know where I was?" I ask.

"It's on your calendar." Ashley says as if it was obvious. "The one on my fridge? How did you get into my place?" I am even more confused. She shrugs innocently. "A key."

I shake my head. "When did I give you a key?" I ask another question. "Uh, I made one." She says. Fuck! She's bad shit crazy. "Um, Ashley. I think we should, you know..." before I could finish she cuts me off. "Move in together!" She says in excitement. My eyes widened. "No, no, no. I was going to say..." 

She presses her lips to mine  then quickly pulls away. "Yes, Bubba, we can wake up next to each other everyday. And we can eat waffles and eggs every morning!" She says with her arms around my neck. WAFFLES!!! This bitch really crazy if she thinks I'd ever cheat on my pancakes! She jumps off of me and rushes away. I try to stop her but it's too late. "Ughhh, I was going to say break up." I groan to myself.

When I get in the club, I order water from the bartender. It's not that I don't want to drink. It's that, I don't want another one of these aching headaches. A familiar voice calls my name, so I turn around. "Hey Y/n, what's it been? 2 years?" Damien says. Fucking great. I fake a smile. "Not long enough." I said. "How long are you in town this time?" He asks.

"I don't know, I'm speaking with the Russo's about an upcoming movie." I informed him. "Awe really? Well if it's in London again, hit me up." Damien steps forward. "I had a lot of fun last time." He smirks. "Yeah, that's not gonna happen." I lean back on the counter trying to get as much room between us as possible.

"Oh come on. Why would you give us a try?" He asked. "Well besides me just not being interested, I wouldn't date you because of the way you treated Max. She really liked you and all you did was string her along." I explain. 

"Really? Look at me. I would never date a woman like Max." He says. My knuckles turn a different shade as I grip my glass. "Don't get me wrong she is a nice person and all , but she is just not sexually attractive." Damien says. My brow furrows as I fill with rage. "Max is better than you'll ever be." I press my hand to his chest pushing him back politely. "Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to find better company." I say excuseing myself. I can't get far before he pulls me back.

"Don't make me out to be a bad guy. To be honest, If the roles were reversed, you wouldn't even look twice in her direction." He says. What the fuck is this guys problem, "You can't stand there and tell me you'd sleep with her. That would be like a lion and a goat. She's not on our level." Damien says. I waste no time pulling my arm back and launching my fist into his face.