Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

   This day couldn't possibly go any worse. Within the hour, one of the stage crew men set fire to the left wing of the building, nobody could locate the Motion-picture camera, and I lost my star actress. Is that a coincidence or does the universe have a secret vendetta against me?

Half the stage crew is on the look out  for the camera while the other half is looking for Lizzie. Max ordered me to go get some air so I headed to the roof. I open the door and run my fingers through my hair out of frustration. Within seconds my attention is taken by our missing star sitting on the edge of the roof. She looks so perfect with the sunset behind her.

I make my way over and sit next to her. My feet dangle off the edge as she is on what I can assume is an air vent. She sits quietly now focusing on the city infront of her. "I'm sorry." Are the only words to leave my mouth. I can tell by her puffy cheeks, she's been crying. I didn't mean to...I wasn't even thinking.

"I shouldn't have lashed out at you." I add as I look down at my fidgeting fingers. She continues to ignore me and looks out at the city. "I watched your movie. Silent house. I thought you were...empathetic." I can feel her eyes on me but I stay focused on my hands. I'm not normally rude to people who don't deserve it. My body fills with self loathing for how I treated her. Not only Lizzie but Conner and the florist and the stage crew.

"You also had a consummate performance in....Martha Macy May Mary?" I fumble to remember the name of the film. she lets out a laugh at my failed attempt. "Martha Marcy May Marlene." She corrects me. "I'm pretty sure that's what I said." I joke. she shakes her head playfully. "Sure." She says sarcastically. We share a moment of silence. But it wasn't awkward, more like... relaxing? Something I haven't felt since we started making this film. "I heard there was a fire." Lizzie says, and there goes my feeling of ease.

I sigh then nod my head. "Tin Foil plus microwave." I said and she knew exactly what I meant.

She laughs causing me to smile slightly. That laugh, it sure is one of a kind. Before my thoughts could process, my mouth was moving. "Max is taking me out to dinner, would you like to join?" I ask, immediately feeling regret.

She meets my gaze and I begin to hope she says no. "Like an apology dinner or a date?" Lizzie asks, confusing taking over her expressions. "Well, I wouldn't want to third wheel on you and Max." I joke, earning a small chuckle. "Poly relationships aren't really my thing." I continued to joke with her. "What a shame." She says back with the same energy. "So where's this apology dinner? What should I wear?" Lizzie asks. "Uhhh, Fancy upstate hotel restaurant." I answer. "Oh. well that's a weird place to eat." Lizzie replies.

"Yeah, but there Soufflé is to die for." I tell her. "Soufflé. Now that does sound fancy." Lizzie says. "Just wear what makes you feel comfortable." I say as I rise to my feet. She takes the hand I offer and raises as well. "You still my lead?" I ask. She nods her head and turns on her heel, heading back to the roof doors.

(Voting is appreciated)
(Thank you for reading)
(Bye Besties, until tomorrow👋)