Chapter 43

(What is the best part about a relationship and if you've never been In a relationship, what do you think the best part is?)

❤️ Lizzie’s POV ❤️

When I wake up, I see my mother is sitting in the chair reading a magazine. I scan the room looking for Y/n but she’s nowhere to be seen. “Where’s Y/n?” I ask sitting up in bed. My mother looks up to meet my gaze. “Who?” She ask earning an eye roll. “The woman who was in bed with me. You know the one you all yelled at yesterday. Thanks for that by the way.” I sass.

“Oh the reason you are in the hospital at all. Yeah, I think she went to go to the other girl, the one with one foot in the grave.” My mother says looking back into the magazine. I throw my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up. “Where are you going?” She asks. “Bathroom. Is that okay with you.” I say, wheeling my IV pole towards the bathroom. “The doctor said you shouldn’t be up.” My mother calls after me. I shut the door behind me and take off the stupid hospital gown I turn the cold water on and step underneath. 

The door suddenly opens. “What are you doing? Your mom told me you’re not listening to the doctors. They said you’re supposed to be in bed.” I hear Y/n’s voice but I choose to ignore it. I’m tired of people telling me what I can and can’t do. I just want out of this stupid hospital.

I hear the door close again and then a few seconds later I feel her hands snake around my waist to support me. It’s been so long since I’ve felt her bare skin against mine. It’s refreshing. She’s refreshing. 

“Can I wash your hair?” She asks softly. I don’t say anything, I just let the water hit my face. She hesitates before moving. She is gentle with every movement she makes like she is scared I might break.

Y/n slowly moves my hair to one shoulder before leaving light kisses on my neck. “Mmm.” I hum in enjoyment. She wraps her arms around my waist, pulling me further back into her.

“Y/n?” I call her name to see if she’s listening. “Hmm?” She replies into my shoulder blade. “Why do you never talk about your mom?” I ask and she pulls her lips from my skin. There's nothing but silence. “Y/n…” Before I could even finish saying her name, “Why are you asking?” Her voice is more aggressive and harsh than I’ve ever heard before. It almost didn’t sound like her.

“You just never talk about her. You met my mom, so I was just wandering.” That’s partly true. But I was only curious because of what the nurse said yesterday. And I do wish they met under different circumstances. Maybe then I wouldn't be mad at my mother and maybe my mother wouldn't hate Y/n. She takes her finger tilting my chin to the side and she kisses me apologetically, before resting her head on my shoulder, still supporting my weight. I wasn’t sure at first but I think we’re back together. 

The kiss we just shared reminded me of two moments. My best and worst moment. The one on the pier when we had our first date and the one when she ended things with me. 

“I’ll take you to meet her, I promise.” Y/n says softly. I turn around to face her as she wraps one arm around my body and places the other hand on my cheek. She holds me tighter as we stand there for what feels like forever. But a good forever. A forever i could live in without ever wanting to leave. She’s my forever. And no matter what, I’ll prove myself worthy of her love again. I’ll spend every day of my time left on this earth making sure she feels the way she makes me feel. The way two people who love each other should make each other feel. 

That warm sensation when you cuddle with a puppy, or hear that one song or see that one person that’s been gone for a while. A feeling that makes you feel like you’re just...floating. 

She makes me feel like I’m floating. That if I get too high she’ll throw me that rope and she’ll pull me back into her warm embrace. Because that’s what your person does. They keep you safe. 

So matter what

I Will Be Her Person

I Will Be Her Forever