✨Chapter 19: First Lesson✨

It's not every day you tell your friends that you have to take remedial potions. Jeno laughed when he heard that confused about how Mark was able to fail the subject that badly. Mark knew though that he wasn't doing that bad and the lesson was going to be much more critical.

It wasn't long before he saw Professor Nakamoto waiting outside his office door casually waiting for Mark. Correction he was furious.

"One minute late Mr Lee. That means one point will be taken from your house. Every minute you are late is one point taken off. This may not be an ordinary class, Lee but I am still your teacher and you will therefore call me 'sir' or 'Professor' at all times," said Yuta his eyes darting to see Mark nod intimidated.

"The times are changing as you are aware. People we think are trusting are their backs, telling the truth is lying. History is repeating itself. It appears that there might be a connection between the Dark Lord's mind and your own. Whether he is as yet aware of this connection is, for the moment, unclear. Pray he remains ignorant," Yuta rolled up his sleeves as he warned Mark.

"You mean, if he knows about it, then he'll be able to read my mind?" Mark asked.

Yuta looked at Mark realising the boy didn't understand the real power of the Dark Lord and using muggle words like 'mindreading' doesn't even explain half the power he has.

"Read it, control it, unhinge it. In the past, it was often the Dark Lord's pleasure to invade the minds of his victims creating visions designed to torture them into madness. Only after extracting the last exquisite ounce of agony, only then he had them literally begging for death would he finally kill them."

The power of the Unspoken was on a whole other level for a 12-year-old who was somehow able to cause him to vanish from the world at the age of 5. Even though he beat the Unspoken before, it is practically impossible to win again. 

Yuta noticed the boy started to drift into thoughts unexplainable. One thing Yuta could do that others can't is master Occlumency although he might not be able to be good at Legilimency.

"Used properly the power of Occlumency will help shield you from access or influence. In these lessons, I will attempt to penetrate your mind. You will attempt to resist. Prepare yourself," instructed Yuta before he pointed his wand at Mark.

"Legilimens!"

As soon as the spell was hit Mark saw blight lights clamour his eyesight before he was able to see memories flash past like images so fast it became impossible to blink. 

First, he was six, riding a broomstick mastering it so quickly that the Lees got worried. Then, he was nine, chasing Jeno around the house because he ate the last watermelon slice. After that, he was eleven, sitting underneath a willow tree with his three other friends because Chenle wasn't with them yet. 

Mark then remembered that Professor Nakamoto shouldn't read the discussion they had. Panicking he tried his best to make sure Yuta wasn't able to get anywhere to unravel the secret. 

'You're not watching that! You're not watching that! That's private'

A sudden pain was shot through his elbow and at last, Mark could see the dimly lit torches in the office as well as Professor Nakamoto lowering his wand while slowly soothing his wrist. Mark then realised he was tossing his body from side to side and the pain in his elbow was a collision of it with the chair's armrests.

"Did you mean to produce an Engorgement Charm?" Yuta asked as the slight enlargement of his hand slowly reduced in size till it became the same size as his other hand.

"No Professor... Did you see everything I saw?" Bitterly Mark asked as he rubbed his elbow before seeing Yuta look at him more annoyed than he regularly looked at Mark.