🔮Chapter 4: Taste of Lessons🔮

"Hurry up Jisung, we have to get to lessons!" Mark yelled at the younger eager to see Jeno again after they woke up late for their first lesson.

Jisung let out a sigh of frustration as he attempted to put on his tie quickly, only to end up tying a knot that was not to his liking. Mark let out a frustrated groan as he removed his tie and swiftly corrected it. He then proceeded to escort the young boy through the Gryffindor common room.

"Okay, let's hurry. Professor Nakamoto won't be happy if we're late," Mark said, urging his friend to run as they made their way through the stairs and corridors until they arrived at the dungeons.

As they rushed into the classroom, they observed that the students were already paired up and seated behind their workstations. Each workstation had a cauldron with a Bunsen burner beneath it, causing the tops to smoke. 

Jisung hurriedly took a seat next to Chenle, who had been waiting patiently for him. Mark took a moment to catch his breath before settling next to Renjun. Donghyuck and Jaemin were seated at the adjacent table. 

The room fell silent as Professor Yuta Nakamoto entered abruptly, slamming the door behind him. All eyes turned towards him as he quickly made his way to the front of the room.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art of dispersion making." He paused looking at Donghyuck who just smirked at him in delight. 

"However for those select few who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses, I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." Yuta stopped again and observed Mark jotting down notes in his notebook.

"But it looks like some people have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention..." 

The sound of a desk slamming echoed through the room, followed by a heavy silence that engulfed the space. Yuta's gaze met Mark's, his eyes widened with a look of dread he hoped he would never have to experience again.

"Who is it we have here? Ah Mr Lee, tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" 

Professor Nakamoto waited for Mark's response, but Mark only stared at him with a blank expression. However, Renjun sat next to him with his arm raised in patient anticipation.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again, where would you look at if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Renjun eagerly raised his arm again, while Mark's expression remained blank like it was the first time.

"I don't know Sir." He whispered but it was loud enough for Yuta to hear. 

"Such a shame you don't know. Maybe pay attention and you will learn a few things."

"Seems like Renjun clearly knows, why don't you ask him then?" Mark sighed to himself not realising he said it out loud causing quiet snickers to be heard around the classroom. 

"Silence," Yuta spoke sharply to the students as they began to calm down.

"Put your hand down, Huang!" Yuta spat as he made his way to Mark and kneeled in front of him.

"For your information Lee, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the draught of the living dead and the bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat which will save you from most poisons... Well, why aren't you all copying this down!" Yuta said, raising his voice, scaring everyone in the room. 

"Ten points will be taken off Gryffindor for your classmate's insolence." He said while writing notes into a book.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

As Mark emerged from the classroom, his head hung low and his face showed clear signs of frustration. He hated potions, it was nothing like what he expected, not to forget that Professor Nakamoto was just a di-

"Can we meet up tonight to look around the school? It looks nice now but imagine it at night. Plus we can go to the rooms we haven't been to before." Jeno asked knowing Mark brought the invisibility cloak gifted by his parents to Hogwarts.

"Curfew is at ten. How the hell are you going to sneak?" Mark asked before realisation hit and smiled at the younger. 

Little did the two know that two others heard their conversation with smirks on their faces ready to plot something mischievous...

The two rushed into the Charms classroom to see Professor Moon Taeil who was already standing at the front of the classroom. Jeno went to sit next to Renjun who was always eager to learn. 

"One of the wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation or the ability to make objects fly." Professor Moon chuckles in delight. 

"Do you have your feathers?" Professor Moon asked, to which Renjun responded by showing the feather with passion. 

"Good! Now don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practising. The swish and flick everyone." 

The students recited the phrase 'swish and flick' with a sense of monotony. It was boring and stupid action to do for something so stupid.

"Good oh and enunciate Wingardium Leviosa, off you go then." 

Just like before everyone pronounces the words of the spell moving their wrists to the supposed way that was told. Meanwhile, Chenle was just minding his own business waving his wand inaccurately.

"Wingardium leviosA!" Chenle pronounced before waving his wand all over the place making Renjun notice the dim-witted boy next to him. 

"Look stop, stop, stop! You're going to take someone's eye out besides, you're saying it wrong! It's LeviOsa not LeviosA!" Renjun just chuckled to himself in delight.

"You do it then Ge if you're so clever. Go on!" Chenle sighed leaving his wand on the table.

"Wingardium Leviosa~" 

The feather on the table starts to rise as Renjun gently moved his wand. Taeil noticed, smiling widely at Renjun. 

"Oh well done! Everyone, Mr Huang has done it!" Professor Moon cheerfully announced as everyone looked at Renjun as he smiled in triumph ruffling Chenle's fluffy hair. 

"Told you." The elder teased not realising he gained the attention of two boys by his action.

Jeno was then eager to show off to Renjun that he can do it too. So he started to say Wingardium Leviosa. Nobody noticed as he did it apart from Jaemin. He watched the stupidness of Jeno play out as he pronounced things wrong and his movements were sloppy. 

"What you looking at?" Donghyuck snarled at Jaemin realising he had a wide smile on his face while looking at Jeno

"Jeno over there is going to give us a magic show," Jaemin grinned making Donghyuck shake his head knowing it wasn't going to be interesting.

"Oh, splendid, well done!" Taeil finished after hearing a loud explosion right next to Renjun and a boy with soot all over his face, and hair sticking on end. 

As the charred feather drifted down, the onlookers erupted in laughter. Renjun couldn't help but let out a few giggles as he tried to compose himself. Jeno's face showed some traces of soot and his face was full of shock. 

"I think we are going to need... another feather over here Professor...." Mark said, trying to not burst into laughter. 

Jeno elbowed Mark and looked over to Renjun to notice the cute boy trying to hold his laughter as well. It made him smile that he didn't need to show off the boy and instead just make him smile.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

I have to say when writing this book I wanted to use moments in the movie/books and I have to say these are some of my favourite scenes hands down!

Tiny Out ~ ^.^