𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 - 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Chapter Twenty-One: You broke me_________________________Little Havana Miami, Florida

_________________________
Little Havana
Miami, Florida

Billie writes down everything she needed to know for the next assignment. Monica sees her sitting on her own in the classroom, she walks over to her and sits next to Billie. Placing her laptop and books on the table. "Hey!" She smiled and sit down next to her.

"Oh, hey Monica." Billie didn't even look at her.

"What did I miss?" Monica asked. Billie stopped with writing and shove her notes towards her, so Monica can take her notes over. When school ended for today Billie grabbed her stuff and was ready to go. "Hey, wait Billie!" Monica runs after her. Billie sighed and stopped, she turns around. "What's wrong? Why are you acting so different towards me?" Billie throws her backpack against her shoulder. "What happened?" She asks softly.

"Monica." Billie started. "Can you be honest with me?" She kept looking at her. "That day when you are at my home and I was showering. Are you sure that the mailman ringed the bell?" Billie asked.

Monica looked down. "Billie." She mumbled.

"Why haven't you said anything that Roselani was there to visit me?" Billie asked. Monica looked at her. "You knew how broken I was and you just-." Billie stopped herself and shook her head.

"That's the reason. You are broken, Billie. I didn't want you to get hurt anymore. You don't deserve it."

"You don't get to decide what I need, Monica. Just leave me alone." Billie turns around and walks away from her. Monica keeps standing there staring at her. She crosses her arms and walks the other way.

"Are you okay?" Billie asks Hei when they got their milkshakes served. Hei, respond with a quick nod, looking down at her strawberry milkshake.

"I got to college today. Everyone seems to forget it, even though I still feel eyes on me. I got to talk to the principal and school social worker. I'm fine." Hei looked in Billie's eyes and back at her dessert. "It's weird that someone would set me up like that. Darryl and I were the only ones in his house. I never did someone so dirty, so I have no clue where this is all about." Billie could see her hands shaking.

"I maybe have something-." Billie started. Hei looked up at her. "Have you noticed the lack of presence of Darryl lately?" She questioned.

"Well, yes. But he's working hard." Billie shook her head. "What? He's telling me that he's working."

"Hei, I know his work schedule. He's not. Something got him busy but it has nothing to do with work." Hei frowned. "I saw him doing something, that I have had never expected from him-." Hei stopped her by shaking her head no. "Hei."