𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Chapter Thirteen: Sitting on a motorcycle feels like freedom

_________________________
Lake Eola
October, Orlando, Florida

Roselani danced, focussing on her posture.
There were screams after the gunshots. Her eyes landed on the man a few feet away from her and Billie. Her eyes widen. Roselani has heavy breaths gazing at the man in shock when he was screaming out of pain. He got shot on his hip.

Roselani makes pirouettes not stopping.
People were running towards him to help him. The polices and ambulance arrived. Billie holds Roselani tightly against her while Roselani cries out of shock. "Let's go home," Billie mumbled. Billie was the one that tries to stay calm even though, Roselani could feel her energy. She could feel her heartbeat. Billie was scared as well.

Roselani stretched her arms and legs.
The sight of the blood and the man screaming were still in her mind even though it was two weeks ago. It was a terrifying view. Something she won't forget easily.

Roselani gasps and falls to the ground when she lasts her focus. The cast of the Nutcracker production watched her in shock. This was the third time she messed up the choreography. Ben sighed glancing at her. Donovan stands up, giving a sign to the pianist that he has to stop. "Okay everyone we are done for today. Roselani you stay here." They nod and grab their things before walking out of the dance room. Roselani stands up, holding her hands together. "Your energy is different, I see distress."

Roselani glanced at him. "I'm sorry. I haven't slept enough." She looking away from him. "This won't happen again." Roselani bites her lip. He took a step closer to her, she looked up at him.

"You know, Roselani. Ballet is more than being elegant and pretty." He slowly walks around her, looking at her body. Roselani looked at their reflection on the big mirrors. She didn't dare to move. "You need to be a warrior. Express the feelings you have in the dance. Even though I know that you can, happiness is not the only emotion you can use." He stopped, standing behind her. "You are a true professional ballerina, Roselani. Use every emotion you have." He softly pushes her straightened hair to the side, his knuckles caressing her neck down to her shoulder, and arm. Roselani whimpered, her lips trembling.

Tyson was mopping the floor again. He glanced at them and frowned seeing everything happening. Donovan places his hand on Roselani's hip. She felt very uncomfortable and turns around. "T-thank you, sir." She stutter and fast walks away from him towards her bag. He laughs and turns around.

"Call me Don, Roselani." He spoke. Roselani nods glancing at him. "I see you on Monday. Get some rest and don't forget what I said." He winked and walks out of the room, leaving her alone.

Roselani pressed her lips together and covered her mouth. She runs out of the room towards the lady's bathroom across from it. Roselani chooses one stall and locked herself in. She closes the toilet and sits on it, tears streamed down her cheeks. Roselani grabbed a toilet paper and dry her eyes, she grabs her phone trying to call Billie. But she won't pick up. "Shit," Roselani mumbled and get out of the stall. She glanced at herself in the mirror, looking at her puffy red eyes. She could hear the gunshots in her mind. Roselani flinched and sighed. She grabs her bag and walks out of the bathroom, ready to go home and crawl in bed.