𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Chapter Ten: truth or scare_________________________September, Lake EolaOrlando, Florida

_________________________
September, Lake Eola
Orlando, Florida

"BILLIE!" Billie gasps finding herself in the dark ocean. Billie heard Roselani's voice from a distance, she looked around but didn't know where to swim. "BILLIE HELP ME, HELP PLEASE HELP!" Roselani cries.

"ROSE, WHERE ARE YOU? ROSE!" Billie swims around but didn't manage to find the edge of land. "ROSE!" Billie screams and starts hyperventilating out of stress and anxiety. Not knowing where she is. She looked around her again, only seeing water around her.

"BILLIE PLEASE." She hears Roselani cry out. "HELP M-." She all of the sudden heard a loud terrifying scream. Making Billie's heart raise from panic. She all of the sudden felt a hand grasping her ankle and she got pulled down a surface. Billie tries to swim above the surface but it didn't work, she kept drowning far away. Because of limited oxygen, she sees blurry and slowly fades away. When she opens her eyes again, she sees the black shadow swimming towards her. Billie's eyes widen.

She gasps, waking up. She sits up not minding that her head was hurting. She grabbed her phone, calling Roselani immediately without thinking. Roselani in meantime was walking through the hallways of her college, holding the books she needed for class. But now she's having a break for few minutes until the next one starts.

"So, Roselani. Do you have a summer crush?" One of the girls that walk next to her asks curiously. Roselani laughs thinking of Billie. The girls glanced at each other and giggled. "Tell us!"

"It started as just dating, but we are in a relationship now." Roselani blushes thinking of her. She heard her phone and stopped walking, to fish her phone out of her backpack. The girls waited for her. Roselani sees the caller ID and smiled. "Speaking of, my girlfriend is calling. I will see you at the cafeteria, okay?" The girls nod leaving Roselani alone. They secretly giggled wondering how Roselani's girlfriend looks like.

Roselani picked up. "Billie? Hey." She smiled.

"Are you okay?" Billie asks her straight away.

"Yes, I'm fine? I'm at college. Everything alright, lovely?" Roselani frowns, wanting to know what's going on with Billie. She heard a relief sigh coming out from another line. "Billie?" She mumbles.

"Yes, I'm okay. I was just wondering." She answers low. Roselani glanced at her silver digital watch.

"Are you at college as well?" She asks. Billie's eyes widen looking at the time. She immediately stands up to make herself ready. "Billie?" Roselani calls for her when she only heard shuffles and footsteps.