𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Chapter Sixteen: No reason to be sad_________________________Little HavanaNovember Miami, Florida

_________________________
Little Havana
November Miami, Florida

Billie stares at the computer screen. "Billie, Billie!" Billie looked up seeing her boss's assistant standing in front of her. "He wants to speak with you." Billie nods and stands up, she followed her to his office.

"What do you think of the percentage this company made a month ago? I know we are just starting in the new month this week. But I'm curious if you made an evaluation and if you think that the process can change for the better." He smiled at her.

"Uhm." Billie didn't hear half of what he's saying. "I'm sorry. I just have notes of the percentage." Her boss frowned. "But I will get behind this right away!"

"Hm. That's unfortunate, especially for a hard worker like you! Is there something I need to note?"

Billie stares at him for a moment. She shook her head. "Uh. I just have a private situation. But it's okay, I won't obstruct my work here. I promise." She stands back up and walked towards the door.

"Billie." He calls, she turned around to look at him. "Take the day free to load yourself. That's an order. I will make sure to sign your hours for school."

Billie nods. "Thank you." He nods and smiled at her.

When Billie got back home, she showered and after that, she's standing on her balcony smoking her blunt. She looked up at the clear blue sky. Blowing the smoke out. Then she heard the doorbell and got back inside with the blunt between her lips.

Billie opened the door looking at Monica. She smiled at Billie and lift the picnic basket. Billie smiled a little and step aside, letting her in. The blanket is spread in Billie's living room, they are sitting on it. "Okay, so we have-." Monica opened the picnic basket. "A broken heart sandwiches." She showed a plate full of heart-shaped sandwiches that she sliced each in half. "A broken heart chocolate cake!" She placed the broken heart cake on the blanket.

Billie chuckled watching her. Monica smiled looking at Billie. "You shouldn't have done this, you know? I mean, it's not like she broke up with me for no reason." Monica nods grabbing a piece of melon.

"That's true, but you made a mistake Billie. We all are human. If she doesn't trust you anymore because of that, then it's on hers. You know who you are right?" Monica gave Billie a cup of juice.

Billie looked down, miserable. Monica sighed. "Oh, Billie. Don't worry okay? Everything happens for a reason. That's what I believe." She touches her leg. Billie looked up at her. "I know it happened two weeks ago, but try to do things you love. With or without her, you are going to make it." Billie nods.