𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Prologue_________________________July 2019Oahu, HawaiiTwo years later

Prologue
_________________________
July 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
Two years later

Roselani's Pov

How would I have known, that this world is the most colorful thing that ever existed? All objects or being fit the colors. The colors fit all being or objects. It all makes sense to me now.

The people created in different shapes and colors. The culture I could hear, smell, taste, and feel my whole sixteen years is giving me now an insight from just, watching. It's two years ago since I'm able to see. But still. I can't place it.

I glanced into my mirror. I always knew who I am, I have known myself. But this is different. I smiled at my reflection. Did she just-. Smiled back at me?

Throwback 2017

My vision started with a blur. But when the doctor shone a flashlight into my eyes. I blinked and everything seems to be clear for me. I was able to see his friendly face staring at me.

I cocked my head to the side, glancing at him as well.

When I heard a loud gasp I looked at my family standing there. They all are in tears, my mother runs over to me hugging me tightly. My father was hugging me as well. "Our daughter can see, Kimo. She finally can see!" My mother sobbed. While they are holding me tightly, I raise my arms. Glancing at my hands for a while. They pull away to look at me. I touched both my parent's faces, looking at them.

"Mom, Dad," I mumbled. They smiled at me. I looked behind them at Kale and my grandfather. I stand up hugging them tightly. My grandfather was in tears of happiness and Kale is happy as well.

I softly touched my cheeks, looking at myself in the mirror. "Nice to meet you," I mumbled to my reflection, I'm alone inside the bathroom. This was a weird situation, a rare one. I'm meeting myself for the first time in already seventeen years. I undressed, looking at my body in the mirror. I smiled a little. "Not bad." I giggled.

After I had a shower and my normal clothes on, which is a blank t-shirt and some jeans I didn't even know the colors. I walk back into the hospital room. My family glanced at me and smiled big. I knew that I wasn't done with the whole treatment, there are a few more things the doctors wanted to test on my eyes before I'm free to go. But I'm somewhere, the bad gen inside my eyes is gone and they brought me a healthy one. I have the luxury that I'm able to get this treatment, one day I want to pay my parents back.

I looked at my left side and smiled. Knowing who was there for me since the beginning. Before I knew it, I was in the arms of my best friends. Hei and Kai.