What Are You Gonna Do With Me?

Start from the beginning

Christian hands me a towel and I take it to wipe off my hands as he carefully wipes off both of my knees. I wince as he straightens out my right leg. This is exactly how I felt when I tore my ACL. All of this because I fell.

"We got you, okay?" Christian says as he and Travis get on either side of me.

I'm pretty much silently sobbing because I don't know if I just fucked everything up for us. They get me up and the rest of the guys clear a path for us.

They get me to one of the couches in the clubhouse with every single person following us in. I know all of them care for us but I can't do the hovering right now.

I look up at Christian, "Christian, please get them to stop hovering," I say quietly. Of course, the day I fall, I wear a flowy dress that's a bit short in the front because of my bump. I don't need an accidental slip and then the whole team knows my business.

He looks over at Travis and nods behind him.

"Guys, let's give them some space. Let them figure this out. I know you all want to know what's going on since they're family to us but they don't need everyone staring at them. I know we're not in the most private area, but just steer clear of this vicinity for right now," Travis tells them all.

"Thank you."

"Let me know if you need anything."

"Does your leg hurt?" Does he really have to ask that question? Of course, it hurts.

"That was a stupid question. Sorry. How'd you fall?"

"I don't remember falling. I'm pretty sure I missed a step. All I know is that I fell and used my knees in defense of hitting my stomach to the ground, which I still don't know if it did. I know that I buckled my knee before I fell, which wasn't smart."

"Luna, Christian, if you want to come back to the trainer's room, that'd be fine. We can get you cleaned up," Theresa tells us.

"You want to go?"

"Yeah, I trust her."

"Do you want to see if you can walk?"

He holds his hands out for me. I put all of my weight onto my left leg and ease myself onto my right. My adrenaline must be through the roof because I feel like I can walk just fine.

I slow us down a bit because the adrenaline is wearing off and it's taking more and more out of me to walk on my own with Christian's guidance. "Just stop for a minute. Stop pushing yourself."

I lean up against the wall and take all of my weight off of my leg. "Whatever is going through your head right now, stop thinking it. You did everything you could to not fall onto your stomach. Our baby is going to be fine."

"You don't know that."

"Look at me."

I look up at him, "We will get an appointment scheduled soon to make sure everything is good. But you have to tell me if anything is wrong or hurts because then we can go to the ER instead, okay?"

"Okay," I say quietly.

We get down to the trainer's room and I sit on one of the beds. Christian stands next to me as I start to calm down. "Are you gonna be okay if I go talk to Couns to see if he can take me out of the lineup?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

He kisses the top of my head before quickly heading out.

"Has your knee been swollen for a while?" Theresa asks me.

"Yeah, but both of them have been for a couple of weeks."

"How far along are you? I also assume you had a few surgeries from the scars that I can see."