Chapter Fifty: No Show

Start from the beginning

"No parties mate. He can't be found at fault." Tony refused.

"Then let's go out and get our clothes! I have an hour before work!" Cole suggested.

I'm not thinking about anything but the marriage itself. Even if we marry in our pajamas it's fine by me. The rest is for her sake. I want her to look back and be proud of how our special  day will turn out.

"You guys go ahead. I have to talk to Terrence and her mom as well as her sister. Will Nick be there?"

They looked at each other and it was finally up to Tony to answer. "It's short notice. He's in Sicily doing... stuff. Just call him mate. I'm sure he won't miss your big day. Who is your best man?"

"Uh..." I looked at all four of them. Bruce doesn't care. He's busy texting on his phone. It's probably Dani on the other end. The guy who preferred to call now texts because of Dani. Cole is a good option. We go way back to the day we met when he paid me to wash his car. But Katya is not his biggest fan. Sinclair and I are not close. That leaves Tony. "Nick."

"What?" They all asked.

"Kei will be the maid of honor. It's only fitting that Nick is my best man."

"Ouch mate!" Tony touched the left side of his heart. "My heart is breaking. Oh good Lord it hurts!"

"Stop the drama!" Bruce shoved him.

"Guys, ask Naila for the colors. I'm off. I have so much to do!

My first stop is my son. He's in school. It's Thursday. I can't wait till later because I have to get through her mom and sister. The dim chance of Federov losing is thrilling me.

"Again?" The secretary gave me bad looks. "Why is he constantly being pulled out of class?"

"Because whatever I have to say has to be said now."

"School will be over in six hours."

"I need to ask his permission to marry his mother." I informed the secretary. "I haven't been in their lives. He is responsible for her. It's his permission I need before I marry his mother. I'm pressed of time so please, por favor," I pleaded softly. "Let me see him."

Without any further objection, she called Terrence.

He came running. He looks troubled. "Is it mom? Is the baby here already?"

Katya is none months and mire stubborn than ever! The baby will come any day now. I don't want to miss her birth.

"Calm down buddy. I want to show you something. A few weeks ago, I got this." I showed my son a ruby ring. "What do you think?"

"I don't know much about rings but it's something!" He smiled at me. "Is it for mom?"

"Yes. Terrence, I would like to ask your mom to marry me. But before I do, I need to your permission. I need to know you approve."

"I approve. But dad, isn't she marrying Federov tomorrow?" He frowned.

"Kei has a plan."

"Aha... Yes she does. I approve. Today, tomorrow, any day, I approve!"

"Thank you. That's all! Go back to class! Thank you!" I waved at the secretary.

I went to the address where I can find Katya's mom. We haven't spoken in quite some time. The last time was when I was in Russia. I had just broken up with Katya. She wasn't happy with me.

I rang the door bell several times before someone opened the door. 

"Look at what we have here! Hi." Katerina smiled at me. "Where are my flowers? How can you visit me without flowers?"