Chapter Seven: The Casanova

Ferrer's POV
"Relationships are code word for messy." I looked out at the pool area full of hot women in bikinis.

"What makes you say that? It isn't working out with the doctor?"

"No!" I laughed. "She's super clingy. We are not even engaged and she's already trying to manage me. What's going on out there?"

"It's a photoshoot. Do you want to go say hi?" Cole Michael teased me.

There was a time in our lives when we used to party with models. My favorite moment and I never talk about this was when Tony and I took fifteen models on Tony's yacht. What happened in the yacht should stay there. That feels like a lifetime ago especially because my friends are husbands and dads. It's not for me anymore.

"No. Not today." I sighed. "Misha is giving me a hard time. Lorraine came to my house and she freaked out."

"Wait, were you serious about being steady with Misha? She's crazy!"

"Lorraine is crazier!"

"The prettier they are..."

"The crazier they are." We laughed.

"Except for Kei. She's not crazy." Cole noted. "She's the most decent woman I know married to a hard ass like Nick."

"She's different. But Bea, Leen and Naila are."

"That's true. Dani isn't crazy either."

"But Izzy is." I pointed out. "How do you guys make it work? How do you stick to one woman? I know for a fact that I can't. I'm trying to be faithful to Misha but the other day I saw Lorraine and I... Let's say if the night went well, I would have banged her brains out. Then there's this pretty woman I met recently. Her name is Larysa. She's from Ukraine. Dude she's drop dead gorgeous. How do I stay faithful?"

My eyes wandered outside to the models in bikinis. I do want to be out there.

"You have commitment issues."

"Why should I chain myself to one woman when I can have many?"

"Or none in the end. If you can't commit, you can't establish meaningful relationships. If you can't establish meaningful relationships then you feel empty."

I don't know what a meaningful relationship should look like. I grew up in a hellish home. My father got off on hurting my mom. She was helpless against him. Come to think of it she was a lot like Kei. That's why when I first saw her bruised I was badly affected. I was worried she would end up like my mom; dead. We lived in fear of getting beaten and many are the nights that I would fall asleep to her sobbing. She is the unhappiest woman who ever lived. He was a monster. He scarred me. I don't know how to be a father because of him and I don't want to just in case I inherited that beastly nature from him. I also have no idea how to love a woman. I know how to get what I want from women and move on without being tied down.

"You sound like your mom."

He merely smiled. "So let's talk about Lorraine. I heard half your pay check is hers."

I rolled my eyes dragging my fingers through my blond hair. Lorraine will be death of me. I know she's not content with half of my paycheck as a surgeon. Soon enough when she gets bored she will find a way to come after my total net worth. "Yup."

"Because you won't take responsibility for your son."

"My son... The kid is better off without me."

Cole Michael rested his folded hands on the table. Our meal finally arrived. When Cole is not being the essence of evil, he is quite rational and I sense I'm about to get some advise handed to me.