Chapter Five: I know You!

Katerina's POV
"You dropped this!" I caught up with the man before he got into his car. He patted his pockets to be sure I'm holding his wallet. "I think it's yours. I haven't looked inside."

"Thank you." He received the brown leather wallet. He checked inside only to smile. "It is mine. I didn't realize I dropped it. My name is Ferrer is by the way."

He extended his hand to me. I shook it with a big smile on my face. "Larysa."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Larysa. Your accent... Where are you from?"

"Ukraine."

I am not in the mood to fake a new accent. Something close to home is fine.

"I have never been to Ukraine." He chuckled. "I'm from around here, nothing adventurous."

Embed myself...

I barely question my father when that is the order. He has two beautiful daughters he has used to his selfish ends. Seduction is just part of the job description. It's not my first time. From coming on strong to being gentle, I know the scripts. I'm not as rigid as Katya. I know how to play multiple characters. Katya has little patience for pretence.

"I think I know you! From the magazines! You are doctor, no?"

Shallow and pretty it is.

"I am." He smiled inpecably. He's so good looking it hurts. What does papa want with this man?

"I should see you some time. Are you doctor of heart?" I purposely gestured to my well endowed chest. Both my mother and Katya are also well endowed. It's a family trait.

I'm playing shallow for him. Some men like shallow girls because they either find them entertaining or they feel smarter. Which one is it for him? I'm probably amusing him.

"You must mean a cardiologist. No I'm not a doctor of the heart. I'm a doctor of the brain, spine and nerves." He explained with a delicate smile on his face.

"Oh! Silly me!" I laughed. "Too bad. I can't see you." He turned away to leave only to look at me again. I want him to take the bait. "Come on take the bait." I whispered to myself.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asked. "To thank you for finding my wallet."

"I love vodka." I told him. He frowned at me. "I say something bad."

"No. No it's not that. I know someone who loves vodka. If anything, she is not a light weight. She still walks straight after I'm staggering all over. She's fun." He looked nostalgic like he's remembering something. "Here we are."

He opened the door for me when his car arrived. He tipped the valet and took the driver's seat. My eyes took him in bit by bit. He looks young. Most successful doctors be are old and proud. "How old are you?"

"Thirty." He answered. "How old are you?"

"Thirty five." I lied. "You are too young to be successful doctor. Doctors are old and mean."

"Really? Maybe I'll be old and mean."

"You're nice." I squeezed his thigh casually. "Let's go to your place."

"Uh..." He hesitated.

"Or no. No. I don't know you well."

"I'm not a serial killer."

"They always say so." I laughed. He laughed as well.

"Tonight, the bar. We will see what happens after."

*
"A copy of his house key, car keys, pictures of personal documents and all the other crap you need. What is this for Alexei?"

He studied what I have collected so far. He let out a sigh. "He has no family." Alexei sounds disappointed.