Chapter Forty Three: The Safe Choice

Katya's POV
"It means a lot to me that you agreed to this."

"It means a lot to me that you're still trying." I smiled slightly. "Why haven't you given up?"

Federov reached across the table to place his hand on mine. There is something about Federov that feels safe. When I'm around him I'm not worried about anything. He's definitely the kind of man who doesn't flake out. His persistence proves it.

"When you find a gem, you don't give up until you own it. Before you go off on me..." He laughed in a sexy way. "I am not saying you're property. I'm saying that owning your heart is my goal. I won't stop till I do. Even if I do, I'll spend every day of our life together pleasing you."

"You're creeping into my heart."

"Good. I want that." His chef served me some seafood. I don't think pregnant women should take sea food. Ferrer would know. I didn't eat seafood when I was pregnant with Terrence. It's something to do with mercury. I heard Kei say it. "Is something wrong?"

"Can I have something else? I'm not in the mood for this... Actually it smells great but I can't eat it."

"My apologies. I assumed you would be alright with whatever... My apologies. Make her something else."

"Yes sir." The Chef took the plate.

"I have the best bottle of vodka! I know how much you love it!"

I miss vodka!

"I can't." He frowned at me.

"Alcoholic anonymous?"

"I wish."

"Oh wow!" He hid the bottle behind his back. "I am full of presumptuousness today. That explains... " He cleared his throat with a slight tint to his cheeks.

"Explains what?"

"The generous bossom." He said so in a typical thick Russian accent. His deep laughter followed. "It's nice."

I stared at my own chest. They are so full I hate them! 

"Just nice?"

"I don't mean..." I have come to the realization that I intimidate this man. I enjoy how he trios over himself so as not to say the wrong thing. He's terrified of offending me.

"It's okay. I know what you mean. Cheers!" Federov brought a pitcher of juice instead. I couldn't help but laugh. He pushed away his glass of liquor so that we can both have some juice.
He has such a lovely home. It feels like I'm in Russia yet I'm comfortable. I told him I don't want to go to a restaurant. I didn't want to dress up. A large sweater and a pair of pants is my new style. My waistline is undergoing a weird phase. "Is it a deal breaker for you?"

"I wasn't expecting it." His blue eyes still express surprise.

"It's alright if it's too much."

"But I love you and everything that you bring to the table even this baby. Many men will call me foolish for this decision but I want you know I accept you both." I'm not one to cry but I pressed the bridge of my nose and began to cry quietly. Love has such extremes! On one end, there's a man who won't commit and on this end there's a man who will and nothing will stop him. I felt his arm resting on my shoulder. "Calm down my dear." His lips kissed away the tears. I cried even more. He pulled me up to sit on his lap. I felt comforted by his arms around me. "I can't imagine how you must feel with everything that has been happening in your life. There's no pressure Katya. You don't have to say yes to my relationship proposal. I can be your friend, a shoulder to lean on as you figure things out."