Chapter Forty Two: Intervention

Katya's POV
I received Bea's text inviting me to her house for a cup of tea. It's really unusual because we don't really invite each other to anything. Of all the women Kei is the only one I hang out with. Dani is a kid, Naila's resting bitch face is a turn off, Bea is borderline crazy and Leen... well Leen is not exactly friendly.

"Bea?" I walked through the open door. "Bea Bianca?"

"In here love!" She called out to me.

I followed her voice to the sun room. She's not alone. She's with Leen, Naila, Dani and Kei. "Hi Kei." I completely ignored everyone else.

"Hi." There's something wrong with her. She's not smiling at me. Her pretty blue eyes are dull.

"The rest of us are not trees." Leen remarked. "Hi to you too...  Katya? It's Katya right?"

"Yeah." I shrugged.

They all stared at me like I'm from the moon. Bea burst out laughing. "Okay, okay... So... All this time we have been calling you Lorraine Hall, it wasn't even your name?"

"Nope. What is this meeting about? Why are all of you gathered and then you summon me? What is it?"

"This is an intervention." Naila announced. "Sit down please."

The allocated seat is on it's own facing them like I'm on trial.

"I prefer to stand."

"Katya, we don't want this to seem like an attack-"

"But it is." I cut Naila off. "Why else would all of you get together,agree to have a meeting about me then summon me?"

"Ferrer said you slept with my husband." Keira spoke with a low grim tone. "Is it true?"

"Aren't you married to the godfather? How is Nick your husband?" I asked her.

"Drama!" Bea sang in a theatrical voice. She received a lot of eye lashing from everyone.

"Nick is mine. What part of that don't you people get?"

"Honey, I have never touched your man!" Bea pointed at me, Naila and Leen.

"I haven't either." Dani spoke up.

"I have known you for a long time. I want to give you the benefit of doubt so I'll ask you. Did you sleep with my husband?"

"Can I say something? Why are we not holding an intervention for when Naila here asked Nick for his sperm? Why didn't we hold an intervention for when Nick almost slept with Keen which is not too long ago if I may add. Answer those questions and I'll indulge you airheads."

"I have an IQ of 179. I'm not airhead."

"Make it to 180 malyshka and we can talk. Isn't it past your curfew?" I asked her.

"I'm not here to intervene in whatever madness is happening among you! I was invited for a cup of tea! No one said anything about interrogating her!"

"Hush love. Be a good little girl and drink your tea quietly." Bea shushed her.

"Grown ups are talking." Leen added.

Dani poured and folded her arms.

"This is about you." Naila carried on. "You lied about who you are."

"Did you ask me if my real name is Lorraine? Did any of you ever? No. So if you didn't ask and I didn't lie, it isn't a lie. Keira, I did not have sex with your husband!"

"I saw you! You were bent over the table and he was standing behind you!"

"You imagined what you would have done in that situation." I reprimanded her. "I went to his office to confront him! Ask him! Nothing happened!"