Chapter Twenty One: Ghosting Games

Katya's POV
"Wait for me!" Kei trailed behind me. My eyes dropped down to the heels. I like them. They are a sexy pair. Black leather with an ankle strap. She almost bumped into me because she's trying to look at her feet too. "Is something wrong?'

"Your shoes bring the thought of bondage in my mind. Are they a gift from Nick?"

"Yes! How did you know?" It dawned on her. "Oh my! Do you think everyone else is thinking it?"

She looked around us.

It's a busy street. There are places to eat all over, shopping boutiques and not to mention the hospital right behind us. She's so self conscious I think it's cute.

"Hon, it's alright. I'm the only... Nick anf I ate the only one who are thinking it. Come on." I extended my hand to her. She took it with a smile. "You can't walk in those, can you?"

"It was a gift. It pinches but it was a gift. I received them with a smile, put them in the back of my closet and then this morning he asked why I have never worn them so I put them on. My poor little toes hurt." She smiled inpecably. It's hard to tell.

Sometimes I can't help note the stark difference between us. She's girly. I'm boyish. She cares about people's feelings and what they think of her. I don't care about anyone or anything as long as I'm comfortable. She is always dressed to kill. Sometimes I just get out of bed, throw on the first thing I grab anf I leave the house. Some days I don't even comb my hair. My fingers do that.

"He ie fortunate to have you. I wouod make him wear those shoes himself."

"That's something to see! Are you alright sweetie?"

"No I'm not."

"What's wrong? When you called and said we are hanging out I didn't think it would be the hospital."

"And I didn't think you'll dress like a run way model on a casual date Kei. It's alright to be casual. A torn old pair of jeans, a tee... Do you even own tshirts?"

"I wear Nick's when he asks me to. I think Tshirts aren't pretty."

"Oof! I bet chiffon and silk are!"

"Stop being sarcastic. It's not my fault." She pulled her hand out of mine. She looked away obviously upset. I counted to ten and she bounced back with a smile. "I like pretty things."

"I'm going to buy you a tshirt that says 'I am pretty'. Meaning you are, not me." I winked at her.

She's so adorable when she blushes.

The fun ceased when I saw Ferrer's secretary. She closed her eyes when I made eye contact. Maybe she thinks I'm a nightmare that will be gone when she opens them.

"He's not here!" She announced the moment I opened my mouth. It was so loud everyone heard it.

"Where is he?"

"Work." She shrugged.

I almost wanted to reach across and pull her over the table but I chose not to. Kei stepped forward. "Good morning. I'm sorry that we just showed up like this but it's important that we speak to Doctor Cavaleiro. We know he's probably working and we are perfectly capable of sitting quietly and waiting."

That seemed to calm the woman down.

"I would like to help you Mrs Bale but he's seriously not here. As in he's not here in this hospital or this city."

"Liar." I walked into his office.

It's dark. The blinds are closed. He's not here.

Where is my Ferr?