Chapter Twenty Three: The Problem List

Katya's POV
There are three things on my problem list.

#Terrence knows my name. How? He threatened me.
#Anderson won't get off my case. She's starting to dig into my past.
#I still don't know where Ferrer is. I'm getting frustrated over not being able to track him down.

I looked at the list of three problems. I need solutions.

First things first, Terrence knows my name. How does he know my name? Who has he been talking to? It's only been days since he threatened me and he hasn't come home since. I can't believe that an eleven year old boy is threatening me. On a good day, I would have scared him off. But I'm not okay. I can't sleep without my mind reminding me that I have three things to solve. They nag at me like someone playing a set of drums near my ear as I'm trying to sleep. I think I'm alright with Terrence getting away with his threat because it gives me time not to be a mom. He's Nick's headache for now. Who told him about me?

I made a list of everyone who would tell him about me. It could have been unintentional like a slip of the tongue.

Nick never suffers from a slip of the tongue. I crossed off his name.

Kei knows how to keep a secret but what if she accidentally referred to me as Katya and he heard? I can't cross off her name.

Sinclair. What are the chances? We don't like each other. My problems with him started way back when he came into Kei's life. Perhaps I have appointed myself her guardian. Why else would I be bothered by the men in her life? Nick was one thing; a man running from the mob and trying to be normal. I could have ignored it. But Sinclair is something else altogether. The man was raised by my father! Nothing Leonid Romanov touches is left pure. He knew who I was along and he never said anything. He pretended not to know me until I spoke up against his intentions to marry Kei. He threatened to tell her and when I rose to the challenge and dared him to, he took Terrence to Russia. Back then he wasn't the eleven year old who threatens people. He was just a year old. He was a helpless baby and Theo took him away threatening to hand him to his grandfather. He kept in contact with my father all that time and I was terrified. I agreed to back off. I chose my son over my best friend and I disappeared from her life for almost five years! When I got back, I gave him the whooping of his life. Could he have told Terrence? I cannot out him past it.

Alexei can e ti mind. But why would he tell Terrence? When he was here he seemed to be on my side. He is fed up with the old man too! He has nothing to gain by making me an enemy. It's not Alexei. I crossed off his name.

Katerina. It could be her. Perhaps that time she had Terrence and Ferrer taken from the house she mentioned it. The woman can be viciously vengeful. With one too many personalities stashed in her, she can be anyone and say anything. She is definitely a suspect.

Katya Romanov. Yes I'm a suspect too. When I got shot and came home, I wasn't myself. I was losing a lot of blood and obviously I was in and out of consciousness between the time I got home and the time I woke up. Did I say something? Did I confess my real name and Terrence heard it? If Ferrer was there, did he hear it? Maybe it's a good thing if he did because I wouldn't have to tell him. I'm also a suspect.

In summary, it's everyone except Nick and Alexei.

Moving on to my second problem, Sharon Anderson. She wants me out of the law firm. She is digging into my past. The last time someone tried to poke holes into Lorraine Hall's identity was back in Yale. He was a professor who kept failing me do that he can lure me into a sexual relationship. Sex for good grades. Most girls in my class fell victim to him but not Katya Romanov. I was raised by a manipulative bully. I don't scare off easily and I definitely don't surrender to threats. I may take a step back but I don't surrender. When he started digging into my past, I knew I had to stop him. I wanted Lorraine Hall to hold. It was my ticket to a normal life. His end came in the form of a cardiac arrest. It wasn't nature. It was me. He had it coming. I would hate for something to happen to Sharon Anderson. I intend to reason with her later today. She asked for a meeting. I'm curious to hear what she found out about me. If it's traffic violations, I have numerous.