Chapter Fifteen: Impulsive Family

Katya's POV
The warmth from his body is something to feel. I pressed closer allowing him to sink his lips on my neck caressing me gently in a feathery way. He whispered sweet nothings into my ear stealing my heart by the second. We kept swaying to the song that we first danced to at the restaurant where we both worked. It was years ago when it happened. It was a thanksgiving weekend. Everyone had gone off with their families and we volunteered to close. I'l don't know why he stayed. He could have gone off with any of his friends like he was accustomed to.

This song started playing and he said '..that's our song. Dance with me.'  I danced with him without protest. It's Frank Sinatra's 'The Way You Look Tonight' and he is humming along, the depth of his voice soothing me to the delicate sway of his body. I submitted to the control if his arms over me, one across my chest and the other over my midsection.

That dance we had years ago was the gateway to the start of us making love more often than I expected. We couldn't keep our hands off each other. I was young. He was young. We were trapped in a whirlwind of romance. He was my first. It was a night I have never forgotten. I know all the words of this song because I often hum it.

I laughed when his lips caressed my neck. He twirled me around only to catch me by my waist and draw me close to his warmth again. His green eyes arrested mine in a deep gaze. There's a lot of emotion in him. I find it beautiful. My fingers mapped his face. The tips traced his handsome face. He kissed me tenderly.

It can't get any better than this.

"The Jimmy Choos are uncomfortable." I complained.

"You can take everything off except the shoes." He threw my words back at me. A delicate frown graced his handsome face. "Actually, I do want that."

"Now? Like right now?" I blushed.

He pressed pause phone his phone silencing the music playing through the house. His green eyes darkened. He took me by the waist drawing me close to his body once again. His fingers sank into my waist. "Yes Lorraine, right now."

I have to fix a few things. These things can't be fixed in minutes. Hell I have to shave my legs! "It's a good idea but it's not a good night." I backed away. "That time of the month."

He rubbed the back of his head. He chuckled to himself. "Okay. You get off this time." He winked at me.

I giggled like an idiot.

This feels so right I can throw on a wedding gown and take him down the aisle.

"Terrence." I eventually remembered why I'm here. "Can you get him? When I went to pick him up they said he left early. I know you guys agreed to hang out but not halfway through a school day. School isn't an option. He has to go to school."

"I know and I agree. School is not an option. He will go through it. I'm sorry I picked him up early. Can he stay the night?"

Terrence hasn't been around. After the whole Katerina pointing a gun at him incident, he withdrew. He left to stay with Nick and now Ferrer wants him. I don't get a chance. But this is what I wanted. I wanted them to get along. They are getting along. Being without him is alright.

"Alright."

"Cool. Thanks."

"I'm going to go that way." I pointed at the door. "It's been... I love you. Good night."

I ran out fast to avoid the awkwardness. He's looking at me like I'm candy. I can't give in tonight as much as I want to.

I have had an interesting day at work. Federov flooded the office with red roses. He's hell bent on getting me. While he is showering me with flowers, chocolates and an assortment of gifts, Ferrer has finally made some progress not just in the daddy department but in the love sector. Hearing him saying he loves me is the best thing I've ever heard.