Chapter Twenty Five: Goose Chase

Katya's POV
I'm learning to be patient.

Patience is not a quality I posses. Oh no! I like it when things happen fast at the snap of my fingers and under my control. I like it when I get fast results. Sitting in a car for four days without any results is frustrating. Katerina seems to be enjoying the stakeout. She eats continuously. I can't help but wonder where all that food goes. She manages to look the same year after year.

The scene is dull.

It's cold probably heading towards the subzero temperatures I loathe. I think the snow will start falling any day now. It's just dark coats and ushankas. This place makes me sad.

"Eat something." She offered me the bag of chips. "You skipped breakfast."

"You burned the pancakes." I pushed away the bag. I'm not hungry. I'm thinking about Ferrer. If we get the woman who was with him last we stand a chance of finding out where he is.

"I am a lot of things but I'm not a chef."

"Why can't we grab her?" I asked. "She's right over there! Snatch and grab! What is do complicated about it?"

"You should consider breathing exercises. You're one of the most hot tempered people I know."

"I'm not hot tempered!"

"Why are you using your yelling voice?" She asked softly.

"Fine! I'm angry!" I struck the dashboard. "The man I love is missing! The woman who took him is right over there! Papa is  in this damn country and we don't know where! I'm angry!'

After my outburst, I slowly steadied my heart to a normal rate. She put away the bag of chips. "Katya, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that he took your man. Now you understand why I became his puppet. It's troubling to know someone you love is in his hands. But he's a clever man. He's not muscle but he has a brain. A big one. He will find a way to survive. Till then we play this smart, not fast. Fast equals mistakes. Mistakes leaf six feet under. I may have nothing more to lose but I won't go out on papa's terms. Trust me. I have a plan."

"I'm sorry about Nicholai. I know how it feels. Sinclair took Terrence from me to keep me away from Kei. I couldn't keep sane."

"What is with her and men tripping all over her?"

"She's beautiful."

"If I was her, I would have my own army of men who adore me. I would pick the most powerful men and enslave them to do my bidding. I would rule them as their queen."

"This is why it just happens with Kei. She's nice. She doesn't take advantage. The universe drops powerful men at her lap. But her first husband was a jerk ass. I still get pissed when I think about that man."

"What did he do?"

"He used her as a punching bag."

"That pretty thing?"

"Yeah. She never left him. I was happy when she said she met someone else until it turned out to be Nick. Then Sinclair made me think of Nick as the lesser of two evils. Sinclair is such a grey character. He's a hero when he needs to be and a villain if he doesn't get his way." I smiled to myself when I thought of the whooping I gave him.

"I wish I could meet a man who tries to beat me up."

"Why would you say that?"

"So that I can beat him up. I will mess him up so bad, he will call me the boogyman!" She made a scary face. "But the only man who bullies me is papa. No other has the balls. I squash them like bugs."

There are things about my big sister that make her the toughest person I know. She has been through much and still manages to be funny. She's the joker and I'm the serious one."

The Romanov Series Book #1: My Rogue Girlfriend जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें