66

**SMALL CHAPTER

The dinner ended, and the family decided to talk for a little while. The boys told everything about the things happening in their school.

Thant night, Both James and Sirius were able to sleep happily, not a single worry in the world.

In the next few days, James decided to complete all his homework. The only time he used to come down was for meals. In three days, all his work was done. But from the fourth day, he spent almost all his time to complete a letter he had to send for his task.

It was very important to get every single word right. James knew that the person to whom he was going to send it was highly dangerous and that it could cause problem if one single word was misunderstood.

Within the next few days, James wrote various letters, all with slight changes. None contained any important information, just the words. But the letter was final, and now James had to fix dates.

One evening, the family was sitting in the living room of Potter manner. Mr. and Mrs. Potter were discussing work, while James and Sirius were playing a game of chess.

"Mum, we want to go to Diagon Alley tomorrow. Remus and Peter are coming, so are Lily, Mary, and Marlene." James said out of nowhere.

Sirius was about to argue but stopped once James threw him a quick glance, shaking his head.

"Sure you can go kids. Just tell us the timing." Mr. Potter said easily. But Mrs. Potter cut him off with a sharp 'no'.

"These are dangerous times, Fleamont, we can't let them go just like that"

"Of course we can. They are adults, aren't they now? They can very well protect themselves. And the dark times is no reason for them to stop having fun"

"Thanks dad. So, Pads, we can go tomorrow at 11. And after meeting, we can come back home by 5 or 6. Is that ok with you mum?"

"Oh alright. But I want you home sharp 5.30" Mrs. Potter said firmly.

James made a thumbs-up sign and then they went back to their game, Sirius throwing suspicious glances at James now and then.

After some while, James and Sirius parted ways. James to his own room and Sirius to the guest room.

Sitting n front of his table, James took out the half written letter and filled in the date, time and place for the meeting. Taking the letter, he took a family owl, and sent the letter away, whispering the receivers name though no one could hear him.

After changing in his night clothes, James jumped on the mattress and pulled the cover up to his eyes, trying to sleep. But no sooner did he close his eyes, the blanket of his body was stripped. "Wake up Prongs" Sirius said shaking James a bit.

"What?" James asked sitting up himself.

"Why did you say that everyone is coming to Diagon Alley tomorrow? We haven't decided on meeting yet, and we haven't written anyone a single letter. Spill" Sirius spoke sternly.

"Alright god, you're worse than mum –" James said closing the door of his room. "–I am doing my task tomorrow. I don't want to make mum and dad suspicious. That's where you come in. We are going to Diagon Alley tomorrow at 11, we'll roam around a bit till 12. Then, you will wait in Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlour, while I will go to do my task. I will meet you at the parlour at 3 then we can pass time together, hopefully till that time my work will be done. If everything goes according to plan, we'll have to go to Diagon Alley once again, probably at the end of the break" James finished.

"What will I do all the time in the shop while you are gone?" Sirius asked moodily.

"Whatever you do, do not follow me" James said with a small grin, though he had never been this serious in his life (no pun intended).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for late update.