51

The rest of the holidays were spent doing nothing. Sirius and James wrote a letter to Remus and Peter telling them that Sirius was safe with James.

James and Lily were continuously writing letters to each other. On the last day of holidays, James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Mary and Marlene met at the Florean Fortescue's ice-cream parlour. They did nothing but talked about their holidays.

Mary and Marlene had to go home earlier. When they left, Remus and Peter bombarded Sirius with questions. Lily and James talked among themselves. Sirius told Remus and Peter that he wanted to talk with his brother and that it was done so he was staying with the Potters, while James told Lily the real reason.

Sirius hated lying to his friends. But for some reason, he could not trust Peter as much as he could trust James and Remus. Sirius always felt odd that Peter was just taking shelter under them because he was not strong to save himself.

When Peter announced that he had to go home to finish his packing, Sirius relaxed a bit. Now only Remus, Sirius, James and Lily were sitting.

"Ok, my reason to go home was not to talk with my brother....." Sirius started and explained every little detail to Remus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regulus was sitting in his bedroom, books on dark or even black magic making a wall around him.

The whole holiday, he only went downstairs to eat or if his parents called him down. He spent rest of his time reading books. He had learnt about Phoenixes. The only creatures who have natural immortality, but gaining trust of a Phoenix is very hard, and Regulus didn't believe that Voldemort would keep a burning bird that would keep him from dying.

Another method Regulus had read about was the Elixir of Life made from the Philosopher's stone. But No one other than Nicolas Flamel had that kind of stone, or at least the books said so. Drinking Elixir of life or keeping a bird was not at all dark.

Out of the four he read so far, only two methods caught his attention. One of them was drinking Unicorns Blood. But Regulus did not know where Voldemort will find a Unicorn. Besides, the blood will only save a dying person, if Voldemort was not dying and he drank the blood, it will not affect him, and Regulus doubted if Voldemort would keep a unicorn with himself everywhere he went, if he might need it if he was dying.

The last and only option was the most possible. It was very likely Voldemort did that and as Sirius said, it was dark to tear apart ones soul by killing someone and placing a part of the soul in an object.

Regulus' mind was full of questions, considering the possibility that Voldemort might have made a Horcrux. If Voldemort did make a Horcrux, what is it? If there is a possibility that one can make more than one Horcrux, did Voldemort do it? If he did make more than one, how many did he make? And finally, if he made even a single Horcrux, what was it.

According to the books, anything can be a Horcrux, if Voldemort made Horcrux out of a small daily used object, it would be impossible to find and destroy it. The last question Regulus had was even if he found a Horcrux, how will he destroy it? He needed to find something as equally powerful as the Horcrux itself.

Every day till the last day of holidays, all Regulus did was sit in his room, and think of ways to make Voldemort mortal again. Suddenly, he started to see what Sirius was saying was true and that Voldemort was truly evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Sirius' story, Remus was a bit angry that Sirius did not tell them this the instant he got to know. But then, Remus too, was keeping his task a secret. But finally tiring of the secret, he told them about his task, and the progress he had made by keeping tabs and reading all he could about Werewolves.

James, Lily and Sirius were forbidden to tell anyone about the Horcruxes, but they couldn't resist telling Remus. They told Remus all they knew about Horcruxes themselves. Lily even told them about her decision to talk with the Ravenclaw ghost.

They talked for hours, discussing every possible was to kill Voldemort. At the end of the day, Lily and Remus went their way, while Sirius and James went to the Potter Manor.

James was glad that they did not bring up his task, because he was not sure how other would react to that. He himself wasn't sure if his newly formed plan would work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~