65

sorry for the absence guys.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The exams had started. Every day, the theory paper would be in the morning, while practical in the afternoon. In the case of Astronomy, it would be at night.

After the writing paper, everyone gathered near the black lake, to discuss their papers. Lily was the most freaked out among them, tying to find if she wrote all the answers correctly.

The exams passed quicker than they expected. Time went by almost too quickly, and so did the exams. The group of seven were sitting near the lake again, enjoying their last day of school before the summer holidays.

James was sitting, leaning against a tree, a snitch in his hand. Sirius and Lily were talking about how Muggle literature was better than the magical one.

Remus, Peter and Marlene were playing a game of exploding snaps.

No matter what he did, James was not able to focus on the snitch. All he could think about was the task he had to act upon during the holidays. He was not sure how he was supposed to do it, or when he was supposed to start. One thing he had to his advantage was that he was officially an adult, and so, allowed to do magic outside the school.

That day, no one did anything. Just after the dinner, the seven people visited the kitchens and asked for some snacks and bottles of Firewhisky. After almost a bottle and half of Firewhisky, James was out along with Peter and Marlene. The others kept drinking, till the point where they passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Lily was the first to get up. Blinking rapidly, she looked around her. The house elves were gathered all around them, looking at them with their big curious eyes.

Groaning, Lily sat up half way supported by her elbows. "What time is it?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

"7.30, Ms." One of the elf answered. Lily's eyes widened in shock, as she hurriedly tried to wake everyone else up.

"Wake up, guys. Its 7.30 already, train leaves at 9 and we haven't even packed our trunks" Lily said trying to wake Remus up, hoping he would help her in waking up everyone else.

Soon, everyone was up and getting to their feet. Before exiting the kitchen, James thanked the elves and walked towards the common room.

At exact 8.30, the seven people walked down in the common room, fresh as ever, trunks in their hands.

They walked out of the common room. Leaving the trunks in the entrance hall so that they could get transported magically in the train, they walked towards the great hall for a quick breakfast.

Even though they were awake and seemed fresh in the light of fire in common room, anyone who looked at them then could tell that the seven would fall asleep if provided with mattresses.

Everyone had black circles under their eyes. Like James', everyone's hair was a mess. The girls had theirs in a messy bun, while the guys had their hair uncombed.

After the breakfast, the seven walked lazily towards the grounds. Taking a single carriage, they sat silently as the carriage carried them toward the station.

Having a silent agreement that no one would talk, they climbed up into the train and searched for a cabin. Finally, getting one at the end of the train, they filed inside and shut the door with a bang.

With one last nod at each other, they took the seats and closed their eye, falling into sleep instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~