44

As i said, here's the next chapter, enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the next day, the 7 people started working tirelessly, searching for various books on practical defence and attacks. Along with those, they also learned to cast the Patronus charm. James, Lily, Mary, Marlene were easily able to cast the charm, though, Sirius, Remus and Peter had a little trouble.

But, by the last day of the month, all were able to cast the charm perfectly. The next spells they learnt were NEWT level spells, though all were able to master it. The days could not passed any more faster, and the Easter break approached.

Sirius was dreading this, because he had to go to the place he had to call his home, and convince his dear brother to change sides, or at least try to do it.

The day to return home arrived and Sirius was as grumpy as a 5 year old child. No one in their group knew what was making him so grumpy, when all was going so well. Remus, Peter and James simply thought that the imagination of having to go back to his home was making him grumpy, and so, they pampered him.

Mary, Marlene and Lily, who did not know much about the situation at his home, other than that his family supported Voldemort and was maybe forcing him to do so, sat quietly, without speaking. Though Lily had a feeling that this was not about his home and maybe about the work Dumbledore set him to do, She wanted to speak to him, but didn't, because the others may find it suspicious and find out.

The sky turned dark and the train came to a halt at platform 9 ¾. Sirius walked as slow as possible, but James was insisting that he walk fast, or his mother would leave him there. Sirius chuckled darkly at the attempted joke, thinking that she really might. Lily was glaring at James, though it went unnoticed.

The seven people walked out of the train, separating to go to their own ways. Walburga and Orion Black stood at one corner, near the wall, snarling and scowling at the people passing by. Sometimes hissing at the people they recognised as blood-traitors or Muggle borns.

Sighing to himself, Sirius walked forward gracefully, trying to please his parents. What am I doing? He thought. Never in my life have I tried to make them like me, and I am doing it right now because an old man told me that it would be helpful in defeating a certain dark lord, whose chances or dying are thin.

Nonetheless, he kept a stern face and walked towards his parents, greeting them politely. If Mr. and Mrs. Black were surprised at the behaviour of their elder son, they did not show it in a bit.

Nodding at his son's polite manners, Orion Black looked up again, in search on his younger son, who was more like himself than Sirius.

Regulus walked to his parents gracefully, a small smirk on his face. But when he saw that his elder brother was beside his father, waiting patiently for himself, Regulus stopped in his path, mouth open, he started at the scene in front of him with shocked expression. After seeing his mother's face, which was consistently turning redder in anger because of his face, he composed himself and continued walking.

This time, it was Sirius' turn to smirk at his brother's shocked expression. Though he tried to control his smirk, because he wanted to make peace with his brother.

"Mother, Father" Regulus greeted with a polite and respectful nod. The parents nodded back, and at once, took hold of their sons and disappeared with a faint pop, reappearing inside their No. 12 Grimmauld Place.

In front of them was Kreacher the house elf, who was ready to take the luggage of younger Blacks to their own room.

The brothers were instantly called down for dinner, where too, Sirius behaved like a proper and respectful Black, making his parents sigh in relief that their first born was finally beginning to understand the meaning of being a Black. While Walburga, Sirius and Orion looked at peace eating their dinner without any argument, the younger Black was throwing suspicious glances at his brother.

There was no way in hell Sirius would behave like a proper Black. Even if someone dared him to do so, Sirius would easily keep his Gryffindor recklessness and courage aside, and reject the challenge. Sirius Orion Black, behaving like a proper Black? Nah...not possible. Regulus thought.

Sirius sat peacefully in his chair, making no comment, nor saying a single world. His face was expressionless, though inside, he was laughing his arse out. For the first time in his life, the dining hall was not at war. Neither Walburga, nor Orion was lecturing him. He was particularly enjoying his younger brother's discomfort.

He knew his brother. Regulus was very observant and knew Sirius like that back of his head, no matter how much he tried to decline it. Sirius knew that Regulus noticed the change in his behaviour and thought that there was no way Sirius would change. This was the main reasons for Regulus' sideways glances at him.

Sirius was internally smirking. If his plan worked, and Regulus got enough suspicious or curious, Sirius knew that he would be getting a visit from his brother for a.....ahem, brotherly chat.

The dinner ended, and saying goodnight to his family, Sirius walked up the stairs towards his room. Entering his room, Sirius threw his tie on the bed, sure, that except himself and his brother, no one would care to come in his room.

Throwing his clothes on his bed, he went in the bathroom to take a most necessary bath. He had to play his next steps carefully, because one wrong word and his brother might change his path for the worse.

Convincing his little Reggie was going to be hard. Even though Sirius was older, Regulus had strong opinions about blood purity and not even the love of his life, if any Sirius thought, would change it.

Opening the door, Sirius entered his room while drying his hair nonchalantly. He knew that Regulus was in the room, he had heard the door open, though he decided to not acknowledge it and let Regulus start the conversation, as he was the one in wrong room.

"Ahem...." Sirius heard Regulus clearing his throat, though paid no attention. After two more 'Ahem's', Regulus finally spoke up. "Sirius" His tone was neutral, not hard nor soft.

Sirius finally looked up, acting as if surprised. "Oh...hey Reggie" Sirius said innocently. Regulus was flattered for a bit at the old nickname. Unable to say anything, he just looked at Sirius for a second.

Sirius sat beside Regulus on his bed, his legs folded, faced to Regulus. Sirius smiled pleasantly. Even though he was smiling at his brother, which, he thought was never possible, it was true and in earnest, though he did thought it was acting.

"Wanna talk, little brother?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~