36

The next day found the 11 people in the same state as earlier. Tonks was in the bathroom, in front of a toilet seat along with lily. James was now hugging Sirius. The two girls threw up. a lot. Getting out of the bathroom, both had a very bad hangover. Their heads heavy with earlier nights activities, their hair and dress in a mess. Tonks sat on the bed holding her head. She was about to pass out again when she felt a note on the bed along with 11 vials filled with liquid. Holding the letter, she read some words and that was enough to understand. she quickly drank the potion and at once, her head started to clear up. Her vision returned to normal and she felt quite light headed. She passes one vial of potion to lily. Then both proceeded to wake up remaining nine people one by one. Mary and Marlene first. Then the twins, then lee and the last to wake up was Sirius.

One by one, their heads cleared up. They looked at each other in shock, embarrassment, and laughter. They all took a most needed shower and gathered up in boys dorm again to clear up the mess. No one spoke a word to other, sorting the things in their mind. Even though they could remember some things, most were unclear. After their cleaning, all sat on the bed. Tonks took the note again. It had some more instructions. The sender was unknown, though Tonks had her suspicions.

When you have drank the potion, I would request everyone's presence at breakfast till 8am. Even the four from future, though they will be under the disillusionment charm. Your presence in mandatory.

The 11 people groaned, though there was no escape from this. It was 10 minutes to 8, and seeing there was nothing to do, the 11 people started walking slowly towards the great hall. The doors were closed which was odd in itself. Though, they opened the door, 7 people visible, 4 invisible.

It was a grand entry. Every student of every house was seated patiently for the arrival of the 7 people. Chatter broke out at once seeing the state of newly entered the students. This was all unusual. The students were never this silent, the windows of the great hall were never closed, McGonagall never seemed as if she could kill Dumbledore then and there, and Dumbledore was always jolly though not practically bouncing in his seat. This all was happening at Hogwarts on a single day. As they took their seat, Breakfast instantly appeared and Dumbledore stood up.

"Before you start with your breakfast today, I would like to announce today as a holiday for today from now on in Hogwarts, will be known as The Doom of 11, officially declared by me, Albus Percival Wolfric Brian Dumbledore." Tonks, Lee, Fred and George sat remembering their time at Hogwarts and how Dumbledore had given a holiday for each year on the same date giving the same reason, and thinking which 11 people were doomed. Odd, all the four thought, because this was an alternate dimension and the same things can't happen in two different dimensions. Though, now they knew who the 11 people were and why those were chosen. At least in this dimension.

"Let us now award Lily Evans, Mary McDonald, Marlene McKinnon, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, would you please come forward and receive the award?" The said seven people had no choice but to follow the orders and go in front to receive the award. Every one of them were looking embarrassed. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter whispered some words to each other, and then James passed the information to the girls. Everyone nodded at each other, and looked ahead confidently. All 7 people were grinning, Sirius even waved his hand in recognition, and they accepted the award smiling, feeling quite proud. Though, every one of them was thankful that Dumbledore didn't have a tape recording of them, and even if he had, he didn't present it in front of everyone.

Oh how little did they know of what awaited them.....

After receiving the award, the breakfast passed with hatter all around the 11 people. When breakfast was over, Dumbledore clapped his hands, bringing the attention to himself. "I would request the doomed to stay back, others may proceed and enjoy the day as they wish." And so, the 11 people stayed back.

As Dumbledore approached them, Lily hurriedly went forward along with the rest 2 girls "We are extremely sorry sir, we shouldn't have behaved like this, please excuse us" Dumbledore chuckled "On no no, Ms Evans, I am not at all angry, I am happy to look at you young souls and know, that darkness has not drowned our world yet. But I must insist you all come to my office, I have something to show you, because I am sure you all must have forgotten yesterday night, and I want you all to remember that.

And so, the 11 people made their way towards Dumbledore's office. The walls of office were made of wood and the office was circular in shape. There were 11 seats arranged along with name plates. Each student took their place on the allotted seat. In front of the seat was a big white screen. Dumbledore waved his wand once and the projection started. "I think you all will immensely enjoy this presentation. I shall leave you for some while." And so, Dumbledore left. The time watching the presentation was a torture for them, though not for Lily and James. Lily accepted her feelings for James and they started to kiss again, at which Sirius made gagging noises. Sirius laughed at his dress, Fred and George still looked disgusted about their kiss, Lee looked happy for James and Lily. Tonks was blushing because in her reality too, she liked Remus. Remus didn't know what to do, he surely liked the kiss, but she was too old that him, but then her remembered that it was opposite, that HE was too old for her. Everyone was pointing an accusing finger at Mary and Marlene because they didn't tell about them to anyone.

Just as the video ended, Dumbledore returned, seeming to have a merry time at wherever he was. After some moments of silence, Dumbledore spoke up "Well if you have finished the presentation, and if you do not wish to see it again, you may leave. And I insist you leave, for I have much work to do." Dumbledore said gravely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~