47

As soon as James went to his parents, he noticed that they were as worn out as ever. The wrinkles on their faces had increased, they had black patch under their eyes, a few strands of grey hair were clearly visible and they looked pale.

But no matter how much they looked tired, they welcomed James like the first time he returned home for holidays: with hugs and kisses from Mrs. Potter, and affectionate pats and side-hugs from Mr. Potter.

The trio apparated to the Potter Manor. Their house elf, windy was ready at the door, welcoming his young master with a low bow and kind words. James politely greeted windy and went straight to his room to change in comfortable clothes.

When he climbed down the stairs and entered the kitchen, Mr. and Mrs. Potter abruptly stopped the conversation they were having. James gave them a suspicious look, though when they gave nothing away, he sat in front of the table. ]

Mr. Potter was sitting in front of him, a copy of Daily Prophet laid in front of him, while Mrs. Potter, with the help of windy, was preparing food. "What's the news?" James casually asked, pointing at the Paper in front of him.

"A muggle family attacked. Wife and Husband dead, killing curse. The child, he is alive, though he has a werewolf bite on his right arm" Mr. Potter sighed miserably. James took a back at the last comment. He was sure that it was not a full moon the day attack happened.

"But it was not the full moon the day the attack happened, was it?" James asked, fully knowing it wasn't. "No" Mrs. Potter said placing the pork chops and mashed potatoes on the table. "It wasn't a full moon, though the bite will have some effects on the child near the full moon, like anger or something" Mrs. Potter finished, sitting beside her husband.

"Forget about this, how was school?" Mrs. Potter asked serving the plates.

"Fine, I guess. The war is having effects on everyone. Many parents didn't send their child in fear of getting captured. What they don't understand, it Hogwarts is the safest place in all the world" James said.

"When did my child get so clever?" Mr. Potter asked jokingly.

"Since he started dating the most beautiful girl in the world" James answered dreamily. He was so lost in his thoughts, that he missed the quick pass of a knowing smile between the parents. "Do not fall for her my boy, look where it landed me. I, too fell for the most beautiful girl in my class, and now, she is the most scariest woman I have seen" Mr. Potter said looking fondly at Mrs. Potter.

"Ohh.....so you think I am the most scariest woman, do you? No ice cream for you today, and mind you, it is from Florean Fortescue's." Mrs. Potter said clearing up the table, while James sniggered. "I didn't mean it" Mr. Potter said, instantly raising from the chair to take the ice cream.

"Is Sirius going to come dear?" Mrs. Potter asked.

"No. He wanted to please his parents for some reason, he promised me to tell it when we meet again, and also told me to not mess up by sending letters. So he won't be coming" James said bitterly.

"Why that Walburga is the most vilest thing I have seen. I don't understand why he wants to please her" Mr. Potter said indigently.

"Don't know dad, do I? James asked at the exact time Mrs. Potter exclaimed "Fleamont" with a warning look.

James and Mr. Potter again sniggered and the dinner ended by Mrs. Potter shaking her head, a small fond smile on her face.

...................................

As James lay in his bed, he thought about what Dumbledore told him his task for the holiday would be. James had screamed at Dumbledore saying that Dumbledore was mad to even think and suggest that.

How could he do that? It was not only crazy to hope it would work, but even crazier to ask James to do it. Yet he had to try, and carry out his plan carefully. And he needed a lot of time to carry out his plan, if he made one. He suggested that Dumbledore give the task to Sirius, seeing that Sirius was a relative, but Dumbledore declined, saying that Sirius already  had a lot on his plate. What it was, James did not know.

Day and Night, he spent his time doing only 6 or 7 things. Write down a carefully plan for his task, talk with his parents, eat, sleep, practice Quidditch, write to all his friends except Sirius and think about what Sirius would be doing.

James could not decide if his holiday was super fun and exciting or boring and scary. His parents sometimes went out, saying they had auror work, but he knew better, for some of them were for the order.

He spent his whole time drafting out a plan to manipulate a bitch and make her help him. It was very daring and exciting, and exactly what her wanted. Contributing and helping in the war. Sure, he was not fighting, but his task was one of he most important task, which would be directly helpful in defeating Voldemort.

And James could not be more desperate about doing that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~