64

The days were ending quickly, and the exams were getting closer. Almost everyone above 5th year was sitting in the library, a book in front of them.

Lily and Remus were questioning each other. Peter was freaking out, Mary and Marlene were questioning each other too, and well James and Sirius, let's just say that they did not give shit. As every year, their studies were over. When they studied, no one knew.

James and Sirius were playing chess, and James was losing miserably. "What the hell, Pads. Have you jinxed this thing?" James asked, frustrated.

"Just admit it Prongs, I am cleverer than you" Sirius replied, smirking.

"Like hell, I would"

"I'll make you a deal. Today, at dinner, you shout at the table that Sirius Black in cleverer than me, and I will answer any one of your question, even though it makes me uncomfortable, truthfully"

James froze mid air. This sure was a very good deal. He needed some doubt clearance, and this was the only chance that Sirius would answer truthfully. Though, accepting means admitting that Sirius is cleverer, plus, if he shouted at the great hall, Minnie would surely give him detention. Was accepting defeat and a detention worth this question? Yes, definitely.

"You have yourself a deal, Black" James said putting his hand between them. Sirius grinned evilly and so did James. Everyone at their table looked at James and Sirius wide-eyed. Every one, at some point thought what must be so important a question that James would accept defeat.

"Witnessed by Lily Evans, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Mary McDonald and Marlene McKinnon" James said shaking Sirius' hand.

James lost all the games played after that. He did not care, though. In his mind, he was trying to come up with a question so that he would get all the answers he needed.

The day was over, and the time of dinner soon arrived. The seven made their way towards the great hall. James was not going to make the announcement at the Beginning, but at the end of the feast.

Sirius was grinning madly all through the dinner. Wiggling his eyebrows at James' direction, while James scowled every time Sirius did that, which was every 5 minutes.

The dinner finally ended, and Dumbledore stood up to give some notice when James shook his head in defeat one last time before standing up on the bench and raising his hands. Dumbledore stopped, amused.

"Younger first please, old man. I have to make an announcement. It pains me to admit it, a lot, like really a lot, like you can't even imagine it–"

"Just get on with it" Sirius broke James' chain.

James sighed shaking his head again "–so. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, it pains me a lot to admit, that Sirius Orion Black, the heir to the family of the Noble and most Ancient house of Blacks is cleverer than me, James Fleamont Potter, sole heir of the Potter blood line"

James bowed and stepped down from the bench as he saw McGonagall rising slowly.

"Accepted" Sirius shouted.

Now, McGonagall was up completely. Sirius and James rose up too, bowing one last time. "Sorry, good sir, but you can continue your important notice now. We will be in our dorms, in case you need us. And you can send this message with our friends here, I am sure they will deliver it to us. Now, good bye and farewell everyone." James said, taking a step back along with Sirius as they saw McGonagall come forward threateningly "Love you Minnie" Sirius said before they turned around and ran out of the great hall.

Laughter chorused through the great hall. James and Sirius ran through the hallways crackling like psychopaths.

They reached the Gryffindor common room. No one was there, as they had come before they were dismissed. "Now my turn to ask question" James said soberly. What he was going to ask was...well let's just say that Sirius was not going to be comfortable at all in answering that.