37

The 11 people walked towards the Gryffindor common room in a slow pace. Everyone had only one thought in mind, attack Dumbledore. They didn't know how, but they already had a plan, they just had to add something else to it. They didn't stop in the common room because the entire house was waiting for them, and they were in no mood to talk with them. Going straight to the boy's dorm, they settled themselves on beds.

"We need to do something and quick" Sirius said. "I think we should start our research this instant" Lily said. James nodded in approval, one of his hand wrapped around lily's shoulder. And so, everyone started to search the potions book. The desired potion was 7th in the list. After reading, they found one more problem. The desired potion needed one month to brew and half of the ingredients were not from student's store. Even if they asked him to provide with the ingredients, he would instantly know which potion they were trying to make, and if they stole it, Slughorn would still know it's stolen. There was no possible way they would be able to do it without Slughorn knowing. Feeling dejected, they sat doing nothing in particular

The afternoon brought them some happy news. As they were descending the stairs to go for lunch, they saw the notice board, a notice was written on it. 'On the occasion of the doomed 11, students in 3rd year and above are permitted to visit the Hogsmeade village if they wish to do so' This brightened Lily's mood, because she was the only one who could see the possible way for their prank to succeed. Bouncing, she dragged everyone to lunch and urged them to finish earlier. Everyone did so. Then they followed Lily to the Gryffindor common room, where she told them to get ready to visit Hogsmeade. No one wanted to go, but James agreed because Lily told it, Peter agreed because James did, Sirius and Remus agreed because Marauders always stay together, then the rest followed suit and went to their dorms to 'get ready for a trip'

After 15 minutes, everyone was ready wearing scarves and coats. Lily had a slip of paper which she refused to reveal until they were in Hogsmeade. They walked to Hogsmeade enjoying their time, throwing snow at each other, teasing each other and chatting overall. Reaching an empty street, lily stopped and turned to the future lot. "You guys can apparate, can't you?" the four nodded. "Go to Diagon Ally and buy these things written on this parchment. Meet us in 3 three broomsticks afterwards, Tonks under disguise and the three invisible." Lily ordered and started walking towards three broomsticks. The others nodded at the four and followed Lily. The four nodded at each other and apparated on the spot.

Landing in Diagon Alley, the four briskly walked towards the shop of potions supplies. Giving the list to the shopkeeper, the four checked the store. Obviously many things had changed till their time, still. The shopkeeper returned with a bag full of products. The four paid and apparated outside the three broomsticks. Tonks changed her appearance to a young lady, the boys under disillusionment. Tonks ordered a fire whiskey for herself and the boys. Madam Rosmerta was a bit shocked seeing Tonks ordered for bottles and there was no one around. But Tonks hurriedly explained that her friends were waiting outside. Nodding at her friends, she exited the pub, rest behind her. They went to the same empty street, where Tonks handed the drinks to the invisibles and the ingredient to Lily. "You'll have to help us make the potion." Lily shrugged in response.

When Lee, Fred and George finished their drink, the 11 people began walking to Hogwarts again. As soon as they reached the boys dorm, they set up a cauldron and started making potion. Lily read the book carefully, and the others followed. It was going to take a month to prepare the potion. As the school continues, Tonks, Lee, Fred and George kept an eye on the potion, while the others continued on with their life. The small pranks by Marauders were still executed. All the pranks were on Slytherin. The one they decided a long time ago was still to be executed and so, one night, the 11 people sneaked in the Slytherin dorm and personally cast the spell on each Slytherin.

The next day, during a fight decidedly caused by James and Sirius after classes, the following things happened:

James petrified a Slytherin. The surrounding 2 Slytherins were going to petrify James and Sirius in return, when Lily disarmed them. When they opened their mouths, instead of the words filthy mudblood, words like pigglywiggly or pollywog were heard. When remaining Slytherins tried to cast a spell, instead of the incantation, the uttered 'sorry'. Everyone had a good laugh, but their main prank was yet to be executed, and the day of prank was rather close.

One more ingredient was needed, and no one but Dumbledore could provide that. Hence we find Tonks in the kitchens for the help of elves. Entering the kitchen, she called few elves, who were happy to help anyone. Whispering the task in their ear, and retreated back to the dorm. Sitting lazily on the bed with everyone else, they dozed off to sleep.

After about half an hour later, the house elves appeared in their dorm with a loud pop, waking everyone in there. Tonks fell of the bed, at which, lee Fred and George laughed. Shooting a glare in their direction, Tonks walked towards the elves. "Have you found it?" the elves nodded eagerly, handing her 11 pieces of the ingredients. Happy, Tonks nodded and thanked the elves.

The potion was ready, the last ingredient was in hand, now just the excitation was remaining. And that would be on Saturday morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~