17

The evening of the task approached.
Everyone was high on their shoes. All the students and staff of the school crowded on the grounds. The maze was standing tall and strong. The night sky was preety dark. Excitement was thick around the grounds.

As everyone settled, Dumbledore smiled kindly at them. "Welcome for the third and final task of the Triwizard tournament. The final ranks stand: tied on the 1st place, Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter of the Hogwarts school, Victor Krum of Dumstrang Academy of magic and Fleur Delacoeur of BauxBautons school." Everyone cheered for the contestants. Mainly for Cedric.

"The participants will enter the maze according to their points.-" Dumbledore continued
"-Mr.filch..."

Filch lit the canon and the next moment Cedric and Harry entered. After 5 mins, Krum entered followed by Fleur.

As the four champions entered, the muttering in the audience increased, everyone betting on who will win.

On the first row were sat all the professors. McGonagall's face was deathly pale. She was sat upright in her seat, tapping her feat in anxiety.

Fred, George and Lee took a seat behind her. "This task sure seems to Drag-on, doesn't it, George?" Fred asked loudly enough for McGonagall to hear. She paused in her seat for a second. But deciding to ignore it, she continued. George grinned ear to ear. "Yeah Fredie, and there is no way we can sea it" Lee grinned twice than George "yeah, but it is a-maze-ing"

Finally irritated, she turned around to see the three cheekily grinning down at her. "If you three utter another word, you will be banned from Quidditch, and you, Mr Jordan, will be banned from Quidditch commentry."
The three dramatically gasped even though they knew that McGonagall won't do it ever. It was an empty threat, but a threat nonetheless. So without any other word, they got up, and changed their seets, as far from McGonagall as possible.

Time passed quickly, Victor Krum and Fleur Delacoeur were already out of the tournament. They were rescued out of the maze. It was just Cedric and Harry inside. Everyone was sitting quietly, a tense silence between, worry etched on everyone's face but 4 people.

In the far corner sat the Slytherin quadrant, Malfoy, Parkinson, Crabbe and Goyle. Crabbe and Goyle, as usual, were stuffing their faces. But Malfoy held an evil smirk "I would like to see how Saint Potter gets out of that one, even Krum's got out of there. There is no bloody way potter's gonna live through that"
Parkinson squealed with happiness, while the two goons grinned.  

It was just a matter of time when everyone will see if Harry wins or Cedric

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~