34

"I so wish we could apparate in and out of Hogwarts right now" Tonks muttered, though Dumbledore heard and chuckled rather openly.
"Ah the wishes of young mind. Would you like to explain yourself, ms....?"
"Tonks, please"
Dumbledore's expression changed in recognition, though he did not comment.
"Let us have a seat, shall we?" And so, Dumbledore conjured 2 seats. He sat behind the desk on McGonagall's chair and the future lot sat in front of him.
"Start from the start, if you please"
Tonks nodded. Reluctantly, the four told Dumbledore everything. The reality from where they came, the reason for their coming (though they did not tell that they were there to prank, just visit Lily and James), the means they used, and the time of their return.

Dumbledore  held a thoughtful gaze at the end of the story. He now knew that there was a possible chance they would have peter pettigrew as the spy, that lily and james would be killed while saving harry, that sirius would never in his life betray james and lily, that there might be possible chance that dark lord will be defeated and resurrected. that he might die. Though these all happened in future, this happened, and so, there might be a chance it will happen, but if her tried to stop it.....no, Dumbledore knew that he had to be cautious from the beginning. Though he also knew that he should not plan his next moves based on future. After knowing all this, he still decided to go with the flow and let time explain everything to him. He was obviously grateful for the kids from future (whoever they might be related to) told him everything. So he was going to spare them. 

"Thank you for all the things you have told me, keeping me in confidence. Though I insist you don't tell this to any of my students, unless you have already?" Lee shook his head, while looking at Fred and George. "No. No we haven't told anyone anything, and we will keep it that way." Dumbledore nodded, satisfied. "Now. I know that it was you who helped my students in accomplishing today's prank. I'm myself curious. How did you do it?" Dumbledore asked, his usual twinkling eyes returning.  Fred and George looked sheepishly. "It was because of us, professor. It was one of our products, fainting fancies." Dumbledore nodded. "And when, may I ask, will I get my professors back?" "2 to 3 hours" "Ok. Thank You. Though I would have liked to chat, I am sure professor McGonagall  would need my assistance, and you would want to enjoy your time with your friends instead of me. " The four along with Dumbledore stood up. They bid goodbye to Dumbledore, performed the disillusionment charm, and made their way towards the Gryffindor common room, outside which stood lily with a concerned face. "Lily, we're here" Lee whispered. Lily jumped a little though said the password and let the four enter, closing the door behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~