62

Since the morning of Saturday, Regulus Black was very uncomfortable. He wanted to drown himself and die. But he couldn't.

Getting up at 7am, he decided not to come out till 12. Lying on his bed, he tried to make different situations in his mind. He knew he would meet no one knew new there. It was either a blood traitor, a werewolf, a mudblood or a half-blood. He knew them well.

Though, thinking back to the style of writing, he believed he would be meeting a blood traitor. He was not sure.

Sighing to himself, he got out of his bed at 12, got ready and headed straight to Hogsmeade. Reaching there at 12.15, he visited three broomsticks. Gulping down three bottles of butterbeer, he walked out of the shop and headed towards the Hogs head.

He still had 15 minutes, but he liked to be early.

Choosing a booth in the corner, he sat there, waiting for a blood traitor. He was preparing his mind to act and look cool, while inside he was freaking out a bit.

He looked up when she saw a delicate hand keep a bottle of butterbeer in front of him. The girl pulled out a chair in front of him, and pushed the bottle towards him.

Regulus' eyes widened as he saw the Mudblood sitting in front of him. He bright green eyes sharp and alert.

"You?" Regulus asked, his disgust clear. "Yes, me. Who did you expect?" Lily asked taking a sip from her own bottle.

Regulus shrugged, taking his bottle and finishing the drink in one gulp before answering. "Potter or my brother" Regulus answered. At this point, he was really tired for behaving like a pureblood. There was no one in the bar, and the windows were clouded with dust. The door was closed, and the bartender was cleaning the glasses with an already dirty cloth. There was no one to look at them. He had to admit, the mudblood had chosen a perfect place.

"So. What do you want?" Regulus asked in a business like tone.

"Answer as to why you thought it wise to eavesdrop on our conversation." Lily answered simply.

Regulus stared at her for almost 5 minutes. He was not going to hurry in answering her. And she was in no hurry. He was not sure how much to trust her. But looking at her easy-going personality, he let go.

"You guys had information about defeating the dark lord. Sirius already told me that he had made Horcruxes. I needed to know all I could about it" Regulus answered, no emotion on his face.

Lily's eyes widened at that "He told you about the Horcruxes?" Lily asked, her voice high pitched.

Regulus smirked at her expression "Seems like he didn't tell the whole story to you guys. Well, sorry to break it to you, he did. And I have got all the information I needed. Thanks to you all" Regulus answered arrogantly.

"And why do you need that information?" Lily asked, trying to control her voice.

"To defeat him. I don't want him breathing down my neck and telling me what to do in every damn thing. If you are right, then Dumbledore has done a pretty good job in appointing 16 year olds to find him the Horcruxes. You found it, and I am sure Potter will do a good job." Regulus answered.

"But?" Lily asked, asking the unanswered,

Regulus laughed "You really are smart. But what about the last one? The locket. I am sure your puppeteer doesn't know its location. I am joining the dark lord and I am going to find out its location and then destroy it. Then, I will throw it in by brother's face that he is not the only good one" Regulus answered, determination in his voice.

Lily was not able to understand him. Was he the bad guy, good guy? What was he trying to do exactly? "Sirius won't be happy if you join him" Lily stated.

"I know. But it's just that I don't care" Regulus said nonchalantly.

"What if you die doing that?" Lily asked, finishing her last sip of butterbeer.

Regulus froze; he had not thought of that possibility. What if he died doing this? After all, betraying the dark lord was not an easy task, was it? Regulus shrugged, not knowing himself.

"I hope you don't turn the other way, Black. I am determined on killing that horrible man, and we are very close to doing that. I hope you won't ruin the fun" Lily said looking Regulus dead in the eye.

"Trust me, I want that bastard as dead as you" Regulus answered lazily.

Both sat there for a few minutes, not saying a single word. Regulus was actually enjoying her company. She sure was a mudblood, but she was at least as intelligent as him. If this dark lord bullshit finishes, he would love to have a debate with her.

"So, how did you find out that it was me?" Regulus asked out of nowhere.

Lily smirked, a tiny bit tipsy "None of you business"

"Let me guess. Through that stupid map of my brother's?" Regulus asked smirking back.

"He told you about that too. Hypocrite. What else did he tell you about?" Lily asked indigently.

"None of your business" Regulus replied.

After some time, Lily stood up, nodding at him "Hope you don't turn bad, don't do something stupid and hope you don't get killed. I also hope to never see you again. Good bye" Lily said raising her hand in front of her.

Regulus stood up too, and looked at her hand with a disgusted face. "Same to you. Good bye" Saying this, he left the bar without shaking her hand. A bit taken aback by his actions, Lily looked at him go away and lowered her hand

"Well, that wasn't so bad" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~