55

Sirius sat back after Regulus left the room. His breathing was a bit fast and his eyes were wide. He had just given the top secret information to his brother. He knew that he had made an unbreakable vow with him, though he had not thought it through. He feared that Regulus might find loopholes and spread out the information.

He hoped that his brother might change his mind and fight against Voldemort, yet the three particular words 'the dark lord' gave Sirius an alternative idea.

Sirius sat transfixed on the seat for the net half an hour, thinking back to the conversation they shared. Along with the secret, he was also scared that he told his brother about the secret behind their pranks, the Marauders map.

Shaking his head, he assured himself that the rest would understand the situation and went back to the Gryffindor common room.

Reaching the common room, found the other three Marauders sprawled over the sofas, the fire still burning. Remus was sat the most near the fire, a book opened on his chest. James and Peter were on the double sofa, a chess set with misplaced chess pieces between them. James' glasses askew and Peter's mouth wide open, a bit drool visible from the corner of his lisps.

Sirius smiled at his brothers. Looking at his watch on his wrist, his eyes widened. It was 1 am already. He didn't realise he was with his brother for so much time.

Silently tiptoeing near the fire, he sat himself down near the window, and fell asleep looking the stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When James woke up the next day, He found his friends sprawled over the floor of Gryffindor common room. Checking the watch, he saw that it was 5 minutes before the breakfast would be server. Getting up hastily, he started shaking everyone awake.

Remus woke up the first. While Remus tried to wake Peter up, James walked towards Sirius. Shaking him lightly, he waited till Sirius opened his eyes. "Are you finally giving in to my beauty and deciding to kiss me, prongs?" Sirius asked grinning up at James.

James grinned back and extended a hand to help Sirius up "In your dreams Pads." Both of them chuckled and turned around. Remus was still unsuccessful at waking Peter up. "Oi Wormtail, get your fat arse up. I am hungry" Sirius said nudging Peter with his leg.

"Is he dead?" James asked jokingly. After many minutes of trying to wake Peter up, the result was still zero. Sighing, Remus looked around the common room cautiously. Seeing that they were alone, he pointed his wand at peter and whispered aguamenti.

Water splashed through Remus' wand on Peter, making him shot up in shock and fear. Remus quickly lowered his wand and fake gasped, turning to James and Sirius. "I told you it was a bad idea, we could have just let him sleep, you know. What kind of friends are you?" Remus said with fake concern.

"C'mon Peter, we'll get you warmed up" Remus added quickly before James and Sirius even got the chance to say anything. Quickly casting the drying spell. Remus dried Peter and the four went to the great hall. Sirius and James eyeing Remus with a glare and Peter grumbling.

After the breakfast, James, Remus, Sirius and Peter went to their dorms. Sitting inside, they closed the door immediately, locking with multiple charms.

For the next hour, Sirius recited everything that happened during his meeting with his brother. He tied to conceal as much as possible, because he didn't want to tell that he gave away the top secret information to a person, who was about to become a follower of Voldemort.

Sirius sincerely hoped that Regulus would change his mind, but the way he said dark lord scared him.

After their chat, Sirius left the Marauders to visit Dumbledore.

Remus then helped Peter with his homework, while James said that he was not feeling well and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Remus and Peter left to go to library, James locked the room door and sat in front of the table taking a parchment and quill.

The days were passing quickly, and he needed to plan his mission as fast as possible.

He needed to write the letter with as less words as possible. Plus, he had to use different writing. The situation was already worse, he didn't need any causalities.

James took out a parchment and started writing.

25C, Knocturn Alley, 7pm. Do Not bring anyone else. I have eyes on you.....

Shaking his head, he tore the parchment and burned it. It should not sound like a threat.

No matter how much he tried, James was not able to write a perfect letter which would make his target to come and talk with him without starting a battle.

Tired, James decided to take a break and perhaps ask someone for help without letting them know of his plan.

This was going to be hard. So much hard.....

Huffing to himself, James fell asleep, only a single thought in his head 'how can Dumbledore bestow this responsibility on a 16 year old child?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~