1

*Edited*

There were two days for the year to be over. But not just yet. They had been observing their brother's friend for the whole year now, and the time she spent in the library reading, and in classes wasn't adding up to the usual twenty-four-hour clock. They had to ask.

"So, where's the time turner?" asked Ron looking at the girl, and their own eyes widened at that piece of information. Well, now they knew.

Cornering the witch before the feast in the corridor, they questioned her about the said time turner. Seeming already tired and irritated about it, she answered without much problem.

"So, you were using the time turner-" said Fred staring at the bushy haired third year, with a glint in his eye.

"-this whole year-" added George, with the same wide grin as his twin

"-to take all your classes-" said Fred

"-and professor McGonagall allowed you to do this-" George continued

"-along with the ministry?" Fred finished.

"For the last time," said the witch irritated. "Stop speaking with your twin telepathy, and yes, I was given the Time Turner to attend all my lectures. The Time Turner was ministry approved and McGonagall gave it to me" Hermione snapped at the twins and Lee.

"Can we see it?" asked Lee with puppy dog eyes. "Please?"

"No Lee, I already gave it to professor McGonagall. How many times do I have to tell you?!"

"One last time. Why did you return it to McGonagall when you could have kept it to do wonderous things?" Lee asked, not believing the girl.

"Because, Jordan, it belongs to the ministry, and McGonagall had to return it." Hermione snapped "Besides, we already did 'wonderous' things with it" She added in a mutter.

"What was that?" The twins said together, their eyes sharp.

"Nothing" Harry and Ron spoke up behind her. She looked at them thankfully.

"Exactly," she nodded at the three fifth years "Now why don't you go in your corner and discuss your pranks?" Hermione said, smiling sweetly at the three.

"Nice save, little brother" Fred muttered bitterly before the three walked away from the trio to sit on their own.

"So," Lee started once they sat at the end of the table, deserted from other Gryffindors, "If the Marauders really existed and attended this school, then we can visit them for sure. We just need to find their timeline." Lee looked at them expectantly.

"Not if we don't get the Time Turner" George said moodily while looking at Hermione.

Feeling a pair of eyes on her, Hermione turned towards the three pranksters, and finding one of them looking at her, she smiled at them sweetly before turning back to her friends.

"Wait...guys. McGonagall won't be able to visit the ministry till the term is over. So, she must still have the time turner with her. There is a possibility that we might get it before she gives it away." Fred said looking at McGonagall, who was chatting with professor Flitwick.

"Do your really think that?" Lee asked looking at McGonagall doubtfully.

"Yeah. I've heard McGonagall talking with professor Sprout about Minister Fudge, and her dislike about the Ministry. I think she will try to procrastinate talking to any Ministry official as much as she can. So, I think we still might have the chance." George finished

"Where should we start searching from?" Fred asked looking at McGonagall with scrutinizing gaze.

"From her office? She is eating right now. It wouldn't hurt to take a look" Lee suggested.

"Guys, if we do find the time turner there, we need to discuss a few further things like what their timeline was." George whisper shouted as they stood up and started walking towards the exit of the great hall.

"We'll discuss that later. When we find the time turner, we can talk about all the details." Lee said as they speed walked towards McGonagall's office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~~~~~­