57

Sirius walked towards Dumbledore's office, his head held high. He wasn't sure what Dumbledore would ask him. Sure he felt a tug at the back of his head before the night of their meeting. Soon, he found that the invader was Dumbledore himself. Sirius couldn't understand why Dumbledore was trying to listen to their conversation. Did he not have faith in Sirius because he is a Black?

That was the only reason why Sirius changed the meeting place from near the kitchens to the room of requirements. Sirius was on full guard. He could not let Dumbledore discover the extra information he told his brother.

As the reached the stone Griffin, he flashed the most charming smile and said the password. The Griffin scowled and led the entrance for Dumbledore's office.

Walking up the stairs, he knocked on the wooden door twice and calm 'come in' was heard. Sirius opened the door and entered the office. He tried not to look around because the office kind of haunted him after watching a certain video sitting there.

Whenever Sirius saw this office, it always reminded him of the 4 people that visited them. He sure hoped to see them again, but, because of the dark times, he was not so sure about it.

"Please have a seat, Mr. Black." Dumbledore's thoughts pulled him back from his chain of thoughts. Sirius took a seat opposite Dumbledore and relaxed himself.

"Did you talk with your brother?" Dumbledore asked. Sirius didn't believe that Dumbledore would get directly into the topic. He liked that old fool, but he couldn't but get bored with the tactics that Dumbledore uses, trying to ease the other into the topic slowly.

Though caught off guard, Sirius answered a yes easily. "Yes, I talked with him during the holidays, and even yesterday." Sirius answered truthfully.

"And?" Dumbledore urged.

"Well, I tried my best talking him out of going to the dark side. I behaved properly at his house –" Dumbledore noticed that Sirius said his home and not my home, though made no comment and let Sirius continue.

"– And we talked almost all the nights, you know catching up. I tried to talk him out of it and I think he believed me a bit. But yesterday, he still used Dark Lord which only death eaters say. So I have my doubts. I think there is a 55% chance that he will join Voldemort. But, there is also 45% chance that he will no"

Dumbledore looked at Sirius for a while and Sirius let him. Dumbledore could not believe that Sirius done this good job. He had full faith in the kid, but even he could not deny that his family was a twisted mess.

Sirius was playing a very risky role. Living with a family who openly supported Voldemort. Even though reckless, he was opposing his family, and Dumbledore could ask nothing much from him.

All Dumbledore needed was as many people on light side as possible. Sirius did a good job convincing his brother for joining the light side for at least 45%.

"And I believe that you are never returning to that place again?" Dumbledore asked.

"No. Never" Sirius replied instantly.

"Very well, Mr. Black. You have done a great job by trying to convince your brother to join the light side. I am sure that he will change his mind and will be a great help to us. And I will be thanking you. You may now leave. But remember, theses are dark times. Look out for yourself and your friends. Your job is done but you may as well help your friends Ms. Evans, Mr. Potter, Mr. Lupin and Mr. Pettigrew" Dumbledore said dismissing Sirius.

Sirius was shocked that even Peter had a job. He knew that Remus, James, and Lily had a job, but he did not except that Peter had one too. Why did Peter not tell them? Why did Dumbledore not tell them that he had given Peter a job?

Sirius stood up and walked towards the door. He held the handle but turned back facing Dumbledore. "What job does Peter have, Professor? Why did you not tell us earlier?"

Dumbledore smiled a bit but concealed it instantly, hoping that Sirius saw it, and he did. "Yes. Mr. Pettigrew has a job too. He is keeping a watch on all the possible Death eaters. It was a secret. The less people know the better. I told him not to tell anyone, even you. But I guess I let it slip. I hope you will not tell this to anyone. Not even Mr. Potter or Mr. Lupin. Or even Ms. Evans" Sirius nodded.

"And Professor, does Mary and Marlene not have a work to do?" Sirius asked, curious.

"Oh they do. And I believe they are doing it very well. Have you seen much of them recently?" Dumbledore asked, his eyes twinkling.

"No actually, we haven't seen them much. We didn't even notice because we were so busy. I am more surprised that Lily didn't notice it. Anyways. I should get going, professor." Sirius said finally exiting the office.

After Sirius left, Dumbledore sat relaxed in his chair, smiling contently. His job was done. The dark times were ahead, and unity was the most important thing. From what Fred, George, Lee and Tonks told him, Peter was the traitor. He wanted everyone to include Peter as much as possible so he wouldn't feel left out. He knew that James and Remus did not have anything against Peter, though he did not believe Sirius was that open.

Now that Sirius knew that Peter too, had a job, Sirius would trust Peter as much as he trusted James and Remus. Dumbledore's only focus was not to let Peter feel isolated of left out and that was starting to happen. Now the only thing Dumbledore needed were as many people on the light side as possible. And he had many people helping him with that. As usual, he had everything under control. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~