43

It was the night of returns of all the students. James, Lily and Sirius were eagerly standing on the grounds for their friends. The three had a mutual understanding that the meetings with Dumbledore will not be discussed with any of their friends. They will continue to live as always and practice spells Dumbledore told them.

The train arrived with its loud horn. As soon as the train stopped, Mary, Marlene, Remus and Peter walked towards Lily, Sirius and James. Everyone was grinning brightly. After the initial greetings, the 7 people walked inside towards the great hall.

The hall was filled with less happy vibes. The darkness around the world was increasing and it was clearly visible. Many parents were not ready to send their children in fear of getting captured or killed by the dark forces. The students, mainly muggle borns and half-bloods were frequently sending the letters to their parents.

As usual, Dumbledore opened everyone with open arms, smiling brightly at them. The speech ended, and all the four tables filled with variety of food. After the main course, the food disappeared and sweets appeared.

After the feast, everyone returned to their dorms with filled stomachs. The night n the Gryffindor tower was spent talking to each other. The one thing that the future lot did was bring all the 4th years together. Now, it was their 6th year and they were still together.

The regular classes started. Lily, Sirius and James were back to normal. The days passed like any other. The Marauders and now sometimes the girls pranked the Slytherins. Though, their pranks, instead of just enjoyment, had a reason behind them.

Instead of pranking all the Slytherins, they pranked the Slytherins who bullied everyone on the basis of their blood-status. Every once in a while, the hospital wing was filled with students who had pumpkin head or whose hair and robes colour changed.

The first week was over. The Friday evening found the 7 people bunking the feast and enjoying their time near the black lake, where the girls sat talking and enjoying, while Peter watched everyone. Remus, as usual was sitting with a book, though his attention was not in it and James and Sirius were playing in the lake.

When they returned to their dorms, and went straight to beds to sleep, they all found small note on their bed. The note was written in smooth cursive writing. It was not signed.

Learn the Patronus charm till next month

Not much was written, though everyone understood the message and who it was from. The girls looked at each other, and at once ran down to the boys dorms. Just as they were going to knock it, the door opened and they came face to face with James.

"Good that you came, I was just coming to call you, come inside." James said, urging the girls inside the boy's dorm. Remus, Sirius and Peter, too, were sitting with familiar notes in their hands.

"So you got the note too, huh?" Sirius said idly. The girls nodded and took the seats on beds.

"Why does he wants us to learn the Dementor repelling charm, do you think?" Mary asked, confused.

The others shrugged. "No idea, but it must be important" James said importantly.

"Stop stating the obvious, Potter." Lily started playfully. "Besides, I heard its quite hard, maybe we should read the books first." Remus said.

"Yeah, maybe we will find some books about it in the library." Marlene said thoughtfully.

"But even if we do find about the charm, where will we practice it?" Peter asked. A grin spread on Sirius' face. "I have got that covered." He said loudly. James gave him a questioning glance, though shrugged it and turned to the girls. "Now, if this is decided, you can leave. I have Quidditch practice tomorrow."

Saying this, James pushed the girls out of their dorm. The girls sighed and exited their dorm. Entering their dorm, the girls said their good nights and immediately fell asleep. The same thing happened in the dorm room of 6th year boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~