Chapter 11

"Seriously," Mavis dragged Jasper down the hallway by his sleeve. He willingly went with her, putting up no fight. "You can't stand outside my classes. Nothing's going to happen to me here."

"You don't know that," Jasper was oddly calm. "I thought nothing would happen to you at the house, and clearly, I was wrong."

"I was asleep," she threw her hands out. "This is high school. I'm fully conscious."

"I told Alice I would watch you," he responded. "None of our classes are close."

"Because I'm a junior," Mavis argued. "We have classes in different halls."

"Which was why I waited outside."

Mavis rolled her eyes and put a hand on her hip. "You're being impossible. I'm wonderful."

"And you will stay that way." Jasper wasn't backing down. "Because I'll watch you." Luckily, today was the last day of school, but it didn't make her feel better. Jasper stood outside her history class for an hour, glancing through the window every few minutes. It was a miracle the teacher didn't notice, but all the students did. They kept giving her weird looks, and Mavis couldn't do anything about it.

"It's creepy."

"It keeps you safe," Jasper spoke. "And that's what matters to me."

Mavis wanted to argue more, but it was pointless. He wouldn't change his mind and couldn't see the situation from her perspective. "Ah, my loves," Alice skipped down the hallway. "How was your last day of class?"

"Great," Mavis smiled fakely. "Until the kids laughed at me because Jasper was stalking me through the window."

Alice slapped his chest, "I said to stay out of sight."

"Sorry," Jasper rubbed his chest. "I needed to see she was okay with my eyes."

"Well," Alice grinned, not seeing what the problem was. "See? He was just worried."

"It was embarrassing."

"Love can be embarrassing," she wrapped her arms around her. "But that's what makes it beautiful." Mavis smiled, knowing that's what it was. They loved her, and she loved them so much. "Let's get going. I'm so excited about graduation this week. The party is going to be amazing."

"I'm excited." They never had guests over, and the idea was thrilling. Mavis couldn't wait to see the house full of life. "I can't believe Carlisle agreed."

"Well," Jasper kissed Alice on the forehead. "Alice is good at getting what she wants."

"I am." And she was proud of that, "are you two ready to go home?"

"Yeah," Mavis was looking forward to summer break. But she wasn't looking forward to the army of newborns that seemed to be growing. "Let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella and Mavis walked through the grocery store's aisles, filling the cart with any food that might work with a party. Now was the perfect time to shop. It was Tuesday, but graduation wasn't till Friday. However, with everything going on, they weren't sure what would happen. Any free time they had went into getting things done. "How many people do you think are coming," Bella asked as she grabbed a twelve-pack of soda cans.

"No idea," Mavis wasn't exactly sure how many people Alice invited. "But I would grab at least two more boxes."

"Right." Bella did precisely that, and the two continued walking through the grocery store. "So," the brunette began. "Jacob asked how you're doing."