Chapter 41

꧁꧂

"144th." Henry announces from the front seat.

"It's been a pleasure." I hiccup as I place the empty whiskey bottle on the leather seat. I look down at my phone as Kaiser texts me again, asking for my whereabouts. I see it's 1am.

"Tell Bates I'll be there on Wednesday. Just tell him to give me a call and tell me of the time and place." Roman says, handing me a card.

I nod and take the card from him, slipping it into my bra. "Thanks for the whiskey."

"No worries, thank you for the company." He smiles as he takes my hand and watches me out the limousine into Henry's arms who lowers me to my feet.

"I will do." I say, leaning into the limo and kissing his cheek. "Goodnight."

He closes the door but his window is still open. "See ya later swee- watch out for that plant pot!" He shouts from his window as I fall over one of Kim's precious potted plants.

"Oof," I hit the floor and burst out laughing.

"April?" I hear Gold at the door. "Are you okay?"

"Did you see that?" I shout excitedly at Roman.

He laughs and hits his hand against his knee. "She's fucking nuts. I love her!" He addresses Gold. "Tell Bates I'll see him Wednesday morning!"

The engine hums to life and he drives off as Gold takes my hand and helps me off the floor. "What the fuck have you been doing? You've been gone for hours April! Kaiser's going fucking insane. We've had to stop him from searching every inch of the city."

"Hey, hey! It was cool man. Me and Roman are friends." I laugh, throwing my arm around Gold's shoulder as he helps me up. "Hey Cillian."

"Fucking hell. Have you been drinking whiskey?"

"Yep." I shout loudly.

"Jesus Christ. You're going to wake the whole of the city." Bates appears at the top of the porch steps. "April, did everything go okay?"

"Just dandy." I reply as Bates stops in front of me.

"Fucking hell." Bates cries with anger. "You got on the fucking sniff?" His thumb runs over the arch of my lip.

"You said do whatever he tells me to so I did. I told him no to pills though and he respected it."

Bates sighs and shakes his head. "What did he say?"

"He said we are business partners."

"You what?" Bates looks at me like I'm speaking another language.

"Roman said that me," I point at myself, "you," I point at him, shoving my finger into his chest, "and he are business partners. He likes me. We bet up Giovanni together."

"What the fuc-"

"Also he said he'll see you Wednesday morning." I interrupt him, hiccuping afterwards. "Didn't he, Cillian?"

"Yeah." Gold confirms.

"Wait, what? He said that?"

"Yeah." I answer, digging my fingers into my bra. "He gave me this to give you so you can call him."

Bates face changes. He smiles with excitement and grabs my face with his hands and kisses both of my cheeks. "You are a fucking hero, April!"

"Oh my God! Babe!" Kaiser cries as I get to the bottom of the porch steps.