Chapter 24

꧁꧂

"What sort of dresses are we looking for?" I ask, running my hands through the silky, soft and sometimes rough materials of all different colours and lengths.

"Think like celebrities at movie premiers." Bonnie answers, pulling a gold dress from the rack. "Ooo! This is very 'Blake Lively at the Met Gala vibes!'" She squeals excitedly.

Currently, we are currently on the Upper East Side, Molly said, at the Oscar De La Renta store. The building is beautiful and modern. I can't help but feel like I'm worth a million dollars stood in here.

"Babe," Bonnie stops still and grabs a dress off the rack. "Look at this. It's your colour and the top is definitely your style." She holds up a metallic, dark gold, deep v-neck dress up.

Molly runs other, delicately taking the dress into her hands like it will break under her touch. "Shit," she gasps. "I'll try it, but I can guarantee that the pleats will not look good on me." She chuckles.

"Excuse me ladies," a well-dressed gentleman approaches us. He looks at us all then Molly last and his eyes light up. "Ah, Miss Kimber." He smiles, "how are you doing today?"

Christ, she must come here a lot.

"I'm great. Thank you Patrick." She smiles. Then looks back the dress. "What you thinking?"

He thinks for a short while. "I don't know. Pleats aren't really your thing." He runs his hands over the fabric. He clearly knows her very well. "What's the occasion?"

"Musk's ball." She replies like it's simply just end of year Prom.

"Ah, I see. Let me pull a look together and I'll call you over." He smiles, passing Molly and Bonnie and going through the clothing.

Bonnie and I continue to look whilst Patrick looks around the store for Molly. After a while he returns with a thin piece of material in his hand. "Come with me Miss Kimber." She follows him into a changing room eagerly.

"What colour you looking for?" I ask Bonnie.

"Either a gold, silver or purple number. They look best on me." She answers. "What about you?"

"Red. Kaiser says it'll look best on me." I chuckle.

"Just cos he says that though, don't limit yourself from beautiful dresses just to keep him happy. If he truly had feelings for you, you could turn up wearing brown and he wouldn't care." Bonnie reasons with a smile. "Don't limit yourself. Sure check out red but if you find one better and it's not red, that's great!"

I smile at her. I'm glad she's so great. My ex's sister didn't want anything to do with me at all. "Yes Boss." I reply, smirking. Besides, I did buy something else red too.

"What's your favourite colour?" She asks, fingering a huge crystal on a silver dress she's looking at.

"Pink because I'm basic." I joke, running a hand through my hair.

"Viola!" Patrick says, throwing the curtain back. "Girl's honestly. I'm great. Really I am!"

Molly steps out. My eyes widen. The black dress is crafted with a strapless neckline. She turns around and I smile. The back is low with a rosette sitting on the top of where her bum starts in the same tone.

"Wow." Bonnie gasps. "Baby, you look amazing." She gives her a tight hug. "Sorry April, I've got the hottest date!" She grins. "You look fucking amazing!"