Chapter 36

꧁꧂

"So he just asked you for a job? Just like that?" Bonnie looks at us cautiously, resting her feet on the foot poof in front of her. We are currently sat on Bates's very plush private jet back to New York. It's Friday, two days after the funeral and everyones beginning to calm down. It helps that we are all in each other's presence again.

"Yeah." Kaiser says, looking at me for confirmation.

"I said to Kaiser that if he can give Angelo up we could consider it. He needs to prove it's over with The Snakes." I add, leaning forward in my seat and resting my elbows on the table to hold up my head. I feel really motion-sick.

"Well," Bonnie's eyebrows raise as she tosses her head side to side to signify she's thinking about it. "See what Dad says about it." She replies, hurriedly.

"Says about wha'?" Gold leans over from his chair to see what we are discussing.

Kaiser catches him up and tells him. Gold's face crumples up with disgust. "Fuck having him work for you. He's rancid." He replies. "I will kill him myself if I see him again. He shot you April." He adds, his attention turning to me on his last sentence.

"Yeah, I know. Under Javier's commands. And that shot was intense. No scope, easily from 110 to 120 metre off. An impeccable aim, I am sure you can agree." I reply.

"He could have killed you!" He tells me like I'm not aware.

"No, he wouldn't have. He has his commands from Javier and he's said himself that he was only doing it for the money. Gang-shit is what he's good at." I argue back. Gold doesn't scare me, he's a pussy cat really plus I know he has a respectable weakness for me.

Gold rolls his eyes at me. "April, come the fuck on!" His attention moves from me to Kaiser. "Are you seriously considering this?"

"To get Angelo and ensure that the love of my life stays safe?" Kaiser asks. "Yeah, I am."

Gold rolls his eyes again and sighs a deep, frustrated breath. "Fucking hell." He mutters to himself as he turns away to his phone.

Kaiser looks at me with an unsure look.

"Just see what your Dad says." I smile reassuringly, taking his hand in mine and giving it a little squeeze.

He shrugs and turns back to Bonnie. "How you been these last few days anyway?"

"Good. After the funeral, we thought we could do with cheering up, so on Thursday Molly and I went to Alton Towers which was cool."

"Oh my God, I haven't been there in years! Did you check out the Smiler? I haven't been since that's been there." I say, sitting my body back in the chair.

"It was closed due to faults. After that accident they close it constantly apparently." She replies.

"Fair enough. Someone lost a leg, didn't they?"

"Yep." She answers, looking down at her mobile and tapping away. "I'm just gonna go to the bunks and check on Molly, she's not replied for a while."

Molly gets extremely plane sick but luckily Bates's jet has bunks for long journeys and she's now cuddled up in one of them with a sick bucket and a large bottle of water. I fear I may be joining her soon.

I get up from my seat knowing Bonnie probably won't be coming back and sit in her seat so I'm sat opposite Kaiser who's slouched in his chair. "Babe, what if we just use Alex to get to Angelo?"