Chapter 11

꧁꧂

After another ten minute journey, we arrive back to the hotel. Staff out the front run towards us seeing the state of the car to check that we are okay. I see Gold stood holding his phone.

"Fuck! Andy! April! You guys okay?" A brunette-greying gent puts his head through my window. He looks at us full of worry. Who's this guy?

"We're fine Fury." Andy groans.

Fury. He's one of Bates's close men. I remember Kaiser mentioning his name.

Fury looks back at Gold who nods and puts the phone up to his ear. Fury looks back to Andy. "April's injured. She needs stitches." Great, more fucking stitches. "I've been shot." He adds.

"Fury, I can't get through to Bates. Kaiser answered the phone." Gold announces as he opens the door and helps me out carefully.

"For fucks sake," Andy whines, slamming the car door moodily, making me jump. "You didn't tell him, did you?"

"Well of course, I did. He's the nex-"

"I don't care about that." Andy interrupts Gold. "It's her. He's bloody protective of her."

I chew my lip as I look at them both with big, wide, worried eyes.

"What the fuck happened?" The door to the hotel almost flies off the hinge as Kaiser steps out. "Andy all you had to do was keep her fucking safe." He barges past him pushing him into the car frame and stops right in front of me. He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear and wipes my dried, tear stained cheeks. Suddenly, he pulls me in for a hug. He wraps his arms around me tightly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just need a stitches." I say quietly against his shoulder, thankful he's here to protect me from Andy. I don't think he'd actually hurt me but after what he said in the car, I still feel a little nervous.

"You what?" He pulls back and holds my shoulders, looking at my body head to toe.

I show him my arm. It's bleeding all the way down my arm to my hand but the black top I'm wearing is hiding it well. As soon as I rest my arm down my side, a drop of blood falls down my hand and from the tip of my finger to the floor.

He stares at it intensely. His jaw tightens and his nostrils flare. He looks back at Andy and approaches him. He pushes him up against the car again. "Are you a fucking invalid?" He shouts. "Can't you follow basic fucking orders? What's the matter with you?"

"I didn't know they were going to show up!" Andy yells back, pushing Kaiser away from him. "None of us did otherwise we'd have been better prepared."

"You got her involved in a fucking shoot out!" Kaiser shoves him back, harder this time so his body heavily hits against the car.

Andy grunts. "Well yeah. Otherwise we were gonna die." He replies, talking to Kaiser like he's a child. "Look mate, your girl did alright. You should be proud."

"Did she shoot?" Kaiser asks him but looks at me and I nod nervously. "Did you want to?"

I look at Andy who's giving me a desperate look. "Well, I had no choice. Andy was driving."

He exhales sharply and turns to Andy, plummeting his fist into his face.

"Fucking hell!" Andy shouts, placing a hand over his nose. "Look she did good! She's a good shooter Kaiser. She's tough and she'll do good 'ere."

Kaiser scowls at him. He inhales slowly but angrily. "Gold, Fury. Go back to the scene and see if you can identify any details as to the car or people in it."