01. 1978

SHE KNOWS I'M A WRECK

The air around me still feels frigid, but my heart starts again, nevertheless. 

It's strange, I thought I was dead for real this time. I guess I can't be fully dead until Ziggy is too. Which probably means I don't have much time left. 

'Can you tell us what happened, Y/N?' Nick asks, leaning over me with concern. I automatically flinch away from him, tucking the blanket tighter around me. 

There's a lot of people on this earth I don't trust. 

If there was one I trusted least, it would be Nick Goode. 

I shrug. 'I got a note saying you wanted to meet me by the storage, and when I got there the door was open. When I went in, someone slammed the door on me.' 

Will scoffs. 'Probably hoping for a hook-up-' 

'Shut up,' Ziggy glares at him. Nick gives will an annoyed look. 

'Do you have any idea who did it?' Nick asks, turning back to me. 

I shake my head. 'None at all.' 

Ziggy opens her mouth to say something but I silence her with a look. 

'You do realize your heart stopped, right?' He narrows his eyes. 'This wasn't just some prank.' 

'Yeah, I know.' I say. 'But I honestly don't know who did it.' 

'Did you see anyone?' Nick asks Ziggy. 

'Nope.' 

'You're still shaking, Y/N,' Nick says. 'You need someone else's body heat to warm up. Blankets aren't going to cut it.' 

Oh hell no- 

'Ziggy,' he looks at her. 'You two are in the same cabin, right?' 

Ziggy nods slowly. 

'You'll take care of her?' Nick gives Ziggy his prize-winning smile, to which she rolls her eyes. 

'I'm not doing this for you, Goode.' She sticks her chin up. 'But I'll do it for Y/N.' 

I shuffle into bed, glancing over at the redhead. 

Ziggy climbs in with me, staying on the other side. 

'Well...' I trail off. 'You're going to have to..uh touch me.' 

'Yeah,' Ziggy nods slowly. 'I figured that, um.' She sits behind me with her back against the headboard and I sit facing away from her, leaning against her chest. Slowly, she wraps her arms around my torso, resting her hands on my legs. 'Is that better?' 

I sigh. 'Yes.' Leaning my head up to look at her, I smile slightly. 'Thanks.' 

'No problem,' Almost absent-mindedly, she tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. 'I guess it was my turn to save you.' 

'I guess so,' I grab her hand without thinking. 'Sorry.' 

'For what?' 

'For, being so..rude to you, I guess?' I take a deep breath. 'So, this is going to sound crazy, but...I used to know someone named Constance. She looked...she looked a lot like you.' 

'Oh,' Ziggy nods. 'Where is she now?' 

'That's the thing,' I swallow back tears. 'She died.' 

'I'm so sorry,' Ziggy squeezes my hand. 'It must be hard for you.' 

'It was a long time ago,' I murmur. 'But, uh yeah. I guess it is. She was important to me.' 

There's a long pause of silence. 

'Hey, can I ask you a question?' Ziggy asks suddenly. 

'Shoot.' 

'Why didn't you tell Nick that it was Sheila who almost got you killed?' She says, shifting around a bit. 

'It wasn't worth it,' I shrug. 

'But you almost died,' Ziggy protests. 

'Trust me, there are much worse things than death.'