ACT FIVE 1978

I STILL SEE YOUR SHADOWS IN MY ROOM

This round of the curse has been most unusual. I've been staying with a family in Sunnyvale, which is a definite upgrade from the killer capital USA. I can't say they're a nice family, cause their daughter's a bitch, but I have food, and clothes. I don't need much, because until I've watched Constance die, I'm basically immortal. I don't age, and things that can kill a normal human being don't hurt me. Let's just say, I've experimented a bit. 

I've had much time to think about the situation. I know I'll meet Constance eventually, and I've decide to change my approach. If I don't speak or interact with her, how will she possibly fall in love with me? 

And if she doesn't fall in love with me, she won't die. 

'Y/N,' Mrs. Brown looks up at me from her newspaper. 'It's time for camp now.' She gives me a small smile. 'You've packed your bags?' 

I nod, holding up my small red backpack. 'Yes, I'm ready.' 

'SHEILA!' Mr. Brown bellows from his chair. He clangs his beer noisily down on the table. 'GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE, RIGHT NOW!' 

I don't even flinch anymore at all the yelling. 

'I thought she wasn't coming with me,' Sheila regards me with a most distasteful look. 

'I know, but we had to, sweetie,' Mrs. Brown says sympathetically, ignoring the fact that I'm still in the freaking room. 'Y/N has no where else to go.' 

'She could be homeless,' Sheila suggests with a fake smile. 'I've heard that Shadyside is the perfect place for rejects.' 

I bite my tongue. 'If it would make you happy,' tipping my head to the side, I give her the best possible grin I can. 

Sheila rolls her eyes. 'Whatever. You better not get in the way of me and Will.' 

'Will and I,' I correct, crossing my arms. 

'Off you two go!' Mrs. Brown ignores the exchange, handing Shelia ten dollars. 'Have a good summer!' 

Yeah. I'm sure it will be just amazing. 

'We're walking?' Shelia groans, shouldering her enormous backpack. 'Daddy, you're driving us, aren't you?' 

'You're taking the bus,' Mrs. Brown says. 'That's that.' 

Sheila grumbles to herself. 

'Come on loser, let's go.' 

I make sure to give her a cheerful look as I slam the door behind us.