Part 108: Demon vs. Demon

A WHILE BEFORE (WITH ME)

.

.

.

.

"I have to do what?" Eri said, looking up at me.

"(smile) You have to sneak into Tartarus for me, okay?" I said kneeling down to her level while also putting on a little silver charm onto her new black attire," What I'm putting on you here is a concealer. It's a better version than the one's the heroes have been using to escape my Awareness quirk"

"Oh. Why do I have to go? I want to be with you," Eri said, gripping one of my fingers with a hand," Do I have to go?"

".....Yes, Eri," I said, putting her hands together and then surrounding them with my own," You will be the one to fully start my plans. This task is something only you can do. Your Adept, Survivor, Painkiller, Regeneration, Rewind and Rinnegan, have made you strong Eri. I am weak. Admittedly, if we were to face the soldiers, guards, heroes and especially the prison defense systems, then I would surely lose"

"Daddy.....maybe....we shouldn't go," Eri said, reaching out a hand to place over the skull on my helmet," We should probably wait till you get better. If you let me use Rewind-"

"No, Eri. Your Rewind is to be saved. When you don't use it, you store power or specifically more power to turn back the body. Using it now would hurt my plans"

"Then let's wait a bit. I'm sure Mommy Saiko, Nejire, Kendo, Melissa and Uncle Shigaraki, Spinner, Compress, Dabi and GraNana can wait a little longer. They'll understand if you say you were hurt and needed a nap"

I tugged on Eri's wrist and slowly but warmly brought her into an embrace. I've learned that any affection at all would undoubtedly sway her to my side. Is it wrong? Absolutely not. Parents do it all the time with their kids. For example if one is crying because of an injury, let's say a scrape on the knee from playing, the parent would hug the child to calm it down and say everything was fine. To the child, the pain is bad but when the parent says everything is fine, usually this would ease their pain and believe the parent.

What I was doing was nothing different except for the conditions. I couldn't have Eri start worrying about me now and I do my best to hide the weakness that builds up, but it's all for her sake and mine. She has a job so for now she'll have to set aside her inner hero and follow my lead.

"Eri. I'm fine, okay? Daddy is okay but I might not be if you continue to worry about me. What hurts me more is seeing the look on your face that shows sadness like the one you have now," I said, patting her back while letting her rest head on the crook of my neck," (smile) You have to be strong for me. Will you be strong for Daddy?"

She was obviously thinking about what to say, seeing that her face cringed a bit and her eyebrows furrowed. It was cute to see her start thinking a bit for herself even if it was deciding for me but nonetheless, I had to push a little more," Eri"

"Yes?..."

"How about when this is over, we can eat candy apples. I know you haven't seen eaten one in a while"

"(sparkle) Candy apple!!" Eri wide eyes with a bit of drool from her mouth.

"That's right. We can make hundreds of them together, just you and me or if you want, we could also bring Mahoro and Katsuma from Nabu Island. Remember them?"

"Hmmhmm. Mahoro was like a big sister to me, and Katsuma.....I like him!"

"(chuckle) Then they should-.......You what now?" I asked, almost missing what she said.