Part 77: Of Those We Love

CONTINUING

"Now Eri, I want to focus on my missing hand okay?" I said lifting the handless arm towards Eri," When you're using your Rewind to heal someone, you must control the output at all times but this being said, you will also have to be quick or that is the role of a healer. When you focus your thoughts into your quirk, at the moment your about to release, let go of that focus and fire off a large portion of your rewind"

I decided to train Eri myself for a change of pace, and to also make a playable piece when I need it. When she heals, the process is effective and slow so that's what we're trying to improve on as I wait for the villains to gather in a few days.

Eri glared at my missing hand and held her breath. Slowly, a yellow light extended out of her horn and hovered right over my wound.

'Release, and focus,' Eri thought as the yellow bursted down onto me and she failed at making my hand reappear.

"Aww....I didn't do it," Eri frowned.

"It's alright Eri, you can always try again. I am here if you need any guidance, now, try again and this time do not hold your breath. Focus is the neutrality of all your body's systems so don't go cutting one off"

Eri shook her head in a nod and again glared back at my 'handless hand'. The yellow light again extended from her horn and hovered above my wound. Eri took a deep breath in and as she exhaled, my body was zapped and quickly half of my hand minus the thumb returned.

"I did it!!! Daddy I did it!!" Eri cheered but only to see me smile and then cut my hand off with my other.

"You're already doing well, Eri, but you'll need to be more effective if you're gonna join me on the battlefield. Take what you just did and begin tinkering with it again like perhaps you need to take in a larger breath," I said, holding out my arm again.

'I can do this....I can do this...' Eri thought to herself as she repeated the same process but instead of taking a bigger breath like I suggested, she decided to increase the output for which she Rewinds. She extended out a hand over me, glaring down at my wound before shouting out," Rewind!"

The yellow light this time struck me and instantly, I watched my hand reform but the tips of my fingers exposed the bone.

"MRRR!! I was so close!!" Eri stomped her tiny foot on the floor.

"(chuckle) You did great, Eri. Looks like you've pulled your focus on your quirk, am I right?" I said analyzing my almost generated hand.

Eri crossed her arms and pouted while I just smiled at the display of cuteness, before someone unexpected decided to come into the training room.

"Mmm? Mummy. What can I do for you?" I said not turning around but letting Eri fix the rest of my hand.

"All For One. I've gathered up my share of villains to regroup," Mummy said, remaining standing.

"You have? I don't remember giving 'you' any orders to do so. You're supposed to be watching the villains who kill for fun," I said smiling, still not turning around," And since you're hear, it probably means that no one is watching them"

"That's true, but in the league we can do whatever we want. Isn't that right? All. For. One."

I should've known better to keep my tolerance at a fair level. I gave him too much freedom than he already had and neglected getting any information concerning his background. After Eri finished healing my hand, I picked her up and turned back towards Mummy where he stood glaring.