Part 4: Quirk Test

"HISASHI BAKI SUSHI SASHI!!! THE RESULTS!!! ARE HERE!!!"

It had been a week since the entrance exams. I was very impatient. I had spent the afternoons sitting in the living room staring at our front door or studying. I am a bookworm at heart but this was a momentous occasion.

Nana's slammed my door open cracking the wall behind.

BAM!!

"Your results! They've finally arrived!!"

"Really!!?"

"Mhmm you bet!"

I was in shock. The cruel week of waiting was over and my results were finally in my grasp. Nana tossed an envelope towards me and I caught it on my lap.

"I'll give you some time to yourself. Make sure to tell me what it says!"

She closed the already damaged door the best she could before walking off.

'Finally, all this waiting is over'

The envelope was normal but I could feel something inside. It was round and thin. Without hesitating in the slightest, I ripped the envelope open. It fell to the floor and started to project a video of the hologram of All might.

"CONGRATULATIONS YOUNG MIDORIYA ON PASSING THE ENTRANCE EXAMS. YOU HAD ACED THE WRITTEN AND PRACTICAL EXAMS!!!"

You can imagine the rest of what he said for I stopped listening after he said I passed. A wicked smile covered my face. I don't think I mentioned what my real goal for becoming a hero is. I do have the usual save and protect people from evil but what keeps me going is to take away the quirks of heroes. Do not be fast to judge what I have said.

I want to single handedly stop crime all over the world and to do so, I'll have to exercise my quirk.

I won't be taking quirks from heroes now but when they get older and cannot fight or protect no longer, I will pick carefully from the quirks with the most potential. With the training I'll be getting from U.A., I'll finally reach my quirk's highest potential and make my dream a reality.

Using one's quirk as a hero has no punishments unless it brings danger, but mine brings order. I had not forgotten what happened to my family so I will make sure no one has to go through that ever. Mom, Dad and Habaki will understand my actions.

Now back the story.

I screamed from the top of my lungs. My excitement was booming through the halls and downstairs. I quickly ran down the stairs to the kitchen where Nana was.

"I PASSED!!! I DID IT MOM!!"

"I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!"

She gave me another life threatening hug. I was now back on my knees holding on to my life as her hug squeezed my soul out of my body. Right then, she seemed to be taller in my perspective but I could not think since my face was now turning blue. Just then she stopped and I looked up at her.

"What's wrong Nana? Are you okay!?"

We both recovered back to our feets but she started tearing up.

"Yeah...sniff...I'm okay...sniff...It's just....this is the first time you've called me mom that's all"

I had not realized how long I've been calling her by her name. It had been nearly 11 years since she adopted me.

"Well, It was thanks to you that I was able to make it to where I am now. Thank you....mom"

I must admit, consciously calling her mom was quite embarrassing even though she was a mother to me. It was hard to show affection in that way.