The Past

Little Xuanli went inside Ding Xue's house. He treat her wound on her forehead, while both of them are sitting on the sofa. Soon the bell in his house ringing, there they heard a voice of someone shouting so loud.

"Ding Xue!!! Ding Xue?! Come out!! Let's play!" Shout a little boy from outside his house.

"Wait here okay?" Said Ding Xue and Xuanli just nod. The Ding Xue went to open the door for his friend, Yi Jian.

"Yo! You finally come out!" Said Yi Jian.

"Yeah~! Come in, I have a guest too inside~!" Said Ding Xue.

"Really?! Is it a boy or a girl? So now we can play the games~!" Said Yi Jian while coming inside his house.

"Yeah!~" Said Ding Xue.

They both come inside the house and saw a little girl sitting there.

"Yi Jian, this is Xuanli, and Xuanli this is Yi Jian~ He is my friend from school!" Said Ding Xue.

"Hi, I'm Yi Jian, nice to meet you!!~" Said Yi Jian smiling, while handshake with Xuanli.

"I am Xuanli.." Said Xuanli.

"It's okay, she just 4 years old, she talks a little. She live beside my house. Now we will play together~ We gonna play a boardgames, come and join us, Xuanli~" Said Ding Xue.

"O! She is so young! Can she play the boardgames?" Ask Yi Jian.

"Don't worry we will teach you~" Said Ding Xue.

Xuanli just nod and laugh cheerfully.

Starting that day they keep playing together often.

"Xuanli!! We are going to ride a bike! Wanna join?" Shout Yi Jian, outside Xuanli's house. Xuanli saw them from her windows and rush to go out and joining them.

"Since Xuanli can't ride a bike yet, you can sit behind me~" Said Ding Xue.

"Yeah, we are going to bike around here!~" Said Yi Jian.

The 3 of them are so close with each other. Even Xuanli's parent know Ding Xue parents really well. Untill oneday, in next month, Ding Xue and his family moves to NY. Xuanli crying so hard.

"Hey, it's okay, don't cry... I will keep in contact with you okay?" Said Ding Xue.

But it's still not helping, Xuanli's cries more louder, meanwhile Yi Jian can only pat her back.

"Alright, I promise you I will be back and see you again~ Cheerup okay?~" Said Ding Xue, hugging little Xuanli.

"Yeah, he will comeback and then he will marry you, Xuanli!~" Said Yi Jian, joking around.

Xuanli finally stop crying, "Wait..." Said Xuanli, she rush back to her house and few minutes later she came back with a cat doll and hand it over to Ding Xue.

"Is this for me?~" Ask Ding Xue.

Xuanli nod her head, "It's my precious doll.." Said Xuanli.

"Thanks~ I will keep it safe untill we meet again!~ Here keep this necklace with you~" Said Ding Xue, while taking out the necklace on his neck and put it on to Xuanli neck.

After that he gone to NY, but they still keep contacting each other, the next one to move to other town is Yi Jian, Xuanli cry but the 3 of them still contact each other. Untill oneday Xuanli got into an accident when she is already 12 years old. She fell from the stairs. Since then, the 3 of them lost contact with her.

Back to the present.

Xuanli awake. She open her eyes. Beside her there is Ding Xue, sitting on his wheel chair.

"You already awake, are you okay? Anywhere hurt?" Ask Ding Xue.

"No... I'm okay.. Just a little bit dizzy.... Sorry to make you worry.." Said Xuanli.

"It's okay, but what happen with you?" Ask Ding Xue.

"I saw the photo and I try to remember the past... But my head hurts so bad and I still cannot remember anything... after that I passed out..." Said Xuanli.

"I'm relief if you are okay.." Said Ding Xue.

"May I ask something?" Ask Xuanli.

"Sure, just ask." Said Ding Xue.

"Did we know each other before?" Ask Xuanli.

"Yeah, but take your times, don't overthink it." Said Ding Xue, while smiling at her.

"All right... thanks.." Said Xuanli, her face looks gloomy.

Meanwhile in other place.

The bird has finally arrive in the magician place.

"You took so long to come here!" Said the magician.

"Sorry, I got lost before. Not to mention a guy saw me transforming into a human..." Said the bird.

"Lucky for you he didn't try to chase you. Well... Your ancestor might be laughing at you now." Said the magician.

"Anyway, here, my feathers that you ask for." Said the bird, handing the magician her feather.

"Thankyou. Here is your payment, the potion that you ask for. The immortality potion." Said the magician, while taking the feather and giving her the immortality potion.

"Thanks, anyway, what will you makes with my feather?" Ask the bird.

"Another magical stuff~" Said the magician.

"Anyway, how's life in the big city like this? I don't know why you are still insisting to live here. What so good about the city full of fog everywhere I go. The mountain we lived before are more greener and beautiful, no fog, even it is easy to breath and the weather is cooler than here, the views are also beautiful...." Said the bird.

"Aha~ you don't know, there are so much stuff I love in here~ Especially seeing how the fates works in each humans I met.. Some are struggle with their past, some are working hard for their present, and some are chasing the future they cannot see~ Oh! Not to mention they paid me with a nice price too with every magical stuff I sell~" Said the magician.

"Aha~ then can you made me a love potion too~?" Ask the bird.

"You already living thousand years by meditating in the mountain. You can even changes your form to anything you wish for, and you still ask for a love potion?~" Ask the magician.

"Well~ that's also true..." Said the bird.

"How's your sister life?" Ask the magician.

"Still meditating in the waterfall near the mountain.." Said the bird.

"Has she changes her form yet?" Ask the magician.

"Yes... But she never rest and keep meditating. Anyway, I will stay in your place for sometimes~ I will wait untill you free to accompany me back to the mountain~" Said the bird.

"I don't need to accompany you, you can used the portal over there, it connects with the mountain where we live." Said the magician.

"I should have used that to come here......!! Why you ask me to fly till I get lost!?" Said the bird.

"It can only open the portal from my house to the mountain, not include from mountain to my house. I always comeback using transportation or walking with my feet to go back here from the mountain......" Said the magician.

"... Alright... I will stay here for awhile~" Said the bird.

to be continued....