The Empty Street

After Xuanli get out from Ding Xue's car, she walk alone to her college. When she finally in front of the gate someone is calling her. 

"Xuanli!" Shout Xiaodan who is behind her, running to her.

"Oh hey Xiaodan, good morning." Said Xuanli.

"Yep, morning~ What are you doing though?" Ask Xiaodan.

"Hm? I just came...." Said Xuanli.

"No, I mean, I saw you come out from a car before and there is a goodlooking guy inside that car~ Who is he?~" Said Xiaodan.

"Uh... yeah.. he is just.. my parent friend's child.." Said Xuanli.

"Really? Did you guys fighting with each other?" Ask Xiaodan.

"Why do you think so?...." Said Xuanli.

"Ah, I saw you get out from the car so mad, and blam the car door so hard, then get out before you arrive in college..." Said Xiaodan.

"That guy is weird, so don't ask... anyway, I gotta go first~ talk with you later." Said Xuanli.

"Alright see you later~" Said Xiaodan.

Xuanli rush herself and went to library to meet her crush, Xifeng. Xifeng already sitting there with a book. Xuanli walk closer to him. 

"Hi Xifeng!" greet Xuanli, who went to sit across him.

"Oh hi, you are so early!" greet Xifeng.

"Yep~ Anyway what are you reading ?" Ask Xuanli.

"History book, oh hey, can you tell me in what story are we?" Said Xifeng.

"Well, I also don't know because the story is so random, it's not like the one i read in the book." Said Xuanli.

"Can I see what book you are reading?" Ask Xifeng.

"Here you are.." Said Xuanli, handing him the book that  she read yesterday.

Xifeng open the book, he read fast page per page.

"In what scene are you last night?" Ask Xifeng.

"I don't know, last time I remember I'm just releasing the bird that I cured, so it might be this scene." Said Xuanli.

"Alright, the next scene supposed to be a poor guy from mountain come in to stay in the palace..." Said Xifeng.

"Yeah, right! But in my case here, a rich guy coming from another kingdom, he talk with mother queen and then he say that his parents and mother queen already decide for both of us to married for the sake of the clan." Said Xuanli.

"The guy that you said beautiful before?" Ask Xifeng.

"Yes, it is.. and he is real, I mean, he is also exist... I thought it's just a dream..." Said Xuanli. 

"Seriously??" Said Xifeng.

"Mhm, I'm serious, he just drive me here. How about yours? You are coming to my palace as who?" Said Xuanli.

"If I'm not wrong, people call me Xi Luo and I am working under Queen Xu, 1st class soldier." Said Xifeng. 

"........ Did you reading a historical book?" Ask Xuanli.

"No.... This one is for my study and I just read it right now.... look.." Said Xifeng, handing Xuanli the book he is reading right now.

"Then.... who is changing the story?" Ask  Xuanli.

"We just need to finished the dream." Said Xifeng.

"But how to finished it if we doesn't know in what story we are in? Also, if we choose the wrong act, and end up getting killed or something bad happen... what will happen to us?" Said Xuanli.

"Trust me it won't.." Said Xifeng.

"Alright...." Said Xuanli, still nervous.

Meanwhile in other place.

Inside the office room of Ding Xue. 

Ding Xue is writing something in his laptop. It looks like a historical story. It is already in 3rd page. He secretly made his own story. There is a name of Xuanli, Xi Luo, and Ding Shun and all other character in the story he is writing. Someone knock his office door and he closed the laptop. 

"Excuse me, there is a project proposal that you have to sign, Zix." Said the secretary who is also his friend, Yi Jian. He call him Zix because Ding Xue family's name was Zhang, and he combine first alphabet of Zhang and Xue, so it become Zix, like a number six but start with Z. 

"Alright, let me see.." Said Ding Xue.

"Here, it is." Said Yi Jian, handing him the project proposal.

"Ok, all perfect." Said Ding Xue, signing the project proposal.

"Thanks. Anyway, did you watch something in your laptop, Zix?" Ask Yi Jian.

"Guess what, G?" Said Ding Xue. He call him G which read as Ji, as in Jian.

"Oh... you watch a girlgroup again, right?" Said Yi Jian.

"Nop." Said Ding Xue. 

"So what is it?" Ask Yi Jian.

"Here." Said Ding Xue, showing him a photo of Xuanli. 

"Woah, isn't that Xuanli? Yuan Xuanli? Our friends in elementary school? She has grown prettier..." Said Yi Jian.

"Yes she is." Said Ding Xue.

"So, why you show me her photo?" Ask Yi Jian.

"She will work with us soon, and then, the last progress is marrying her." Said Ding Xue.

"That's such a quick progress Zix. Like how she supposed to remember you, it's already 15 years since then, and you both only known each other for a month, then you moved to NY after that. I bet she already have a boyfriend now~ Oh not to mention you both are different by 3 years gap and she is younger than you." Said Yi Jian.

"Well.. age is just a number, well, I'll make sure she will remember me again." Said Ding Xue. 

"Right, right, jia you Zix!" Said Yi Jian. 

"Thanks G. Here the proposal I've signed." Said Ding Xue, smiling simple, handing him back the project proposal that have been signed. 

"Yeah, no problem Zix." Said Yi Jian.

Yi Jian leaving the office room. 

Meanwhile Ding Xue looking at the black cat keyring on the table beside his laptop then he remembers how he got that keyring. 

Throwback how Ding Xue got the couple black and white cat keyring.

Ding Xue is walking on an empty street. Then he saw an old woman from a far selling a couple stuff in the roadside, he come closer to look since he just comeback from an airport, he want to buy a present for Xuanli.

"Come in, come in! All the stuff here is a couple stuff! It will make you connected with your couple." Said the old woman.

"This cat key ring looks cute." Said Ding Xue, taking a look at the cat key ring with black color.

"Oh.. well, those are a couple stuff, you cannot buy 1 only. Here is the match of that keyring. The legend said, that this two cat always together, when both of them are not together, something bad will happen with the other one, so it best to keep them together." Said the old woman, handing him a white cat keyring.   

"Alright, it looks cute anyway. I will buy it, here is the money, keep the changes." Said Ding Xue, giving the old woman the money and take both of the keyring with him, then leave. 

"Thankyou.." Said the oldwoman.

After Ding Xue walk away without looking back again, the old woman and his selling cart vanished, all street went back to empty street again.....

To be continued.....